cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games unplayable when anyone in the house downloads

deano02
Joining in

We've had this issue since joining Virgin, but we thought it might've been solved now we use ethernet cables. Unfortunately, we're still experiencing major lag and general internet slowdown whenever a single person downloads something 

Right now, I'm downloading a game on Steam and can barely load web pages. Nobody else is using a gaming device as I write this, but it'd be even worse if they did 

Quick ping test via Netmeter shows an average of 136.8ms ping while a single download is active.

Gaming devices all connected through ethernet - two XSX and a gaming PC. We use a TP-Link Archer 380 AC1900 router plugged into the Virgin Hub 

Cheers for any help in advance 

2 REPLIES 2

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi deano02,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some connection issues, as you're using 3rd party equipment we're limited to what we can do.

We would advise you try a pin-hole reset of the hub, and if you're able to put the hub back into router mode, do you experience any issues then?

Alex_Rm

RT123
On our wavelength

Hi,

Would you mind confirming which VM Hub it is please (there’s one in particular I’ve got in mind that’s terrible for this)

A good router can’t fix a bad modern 🤣

I do not work for VM, just trying to help!