Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this look OK?

oram01
Joining in

Hi folks

I'm posting in the hope someone can help me understand my BQM

I attach my BQM taken on 27th September 2022 from my home in Newport Wales.

The latency to my eyes doesn't look good but hopefully someone can confirm there's an issue or if this a pretty normal looking graph.

Thanks in advance for replies and or suggestions if there's something wrong.

Steve

Screenshot 2022-09-27 081933.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Oram01, 

Thanks for posting your BMQ graph on the forums, these graphs are a very useful tool but there is a steep learning curve with them so I understand why you want to ask if yours looks okay - Yours looks alright from my experience!

I have already had a look at your services on my side just to check everything over and it all looks okay, there's no major issues that I can see. 

Can I ask if you're experiencing an issue on your side which has prompted you to post the graph?

Thanks!

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The BQM is pretty reasonable. Post your power levels and network log for comment. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, as said above, it's not brilliant but I've seen a lot worse and it's too atypical of a VM/ DOCSIS connection!

So are you actually experiencing any issues as such?

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Oram01, 

Thanks for posting your BMQ graph on the forums, these graphs are a very useful tool but there is a steep learning curve with them so I understand why you want to ask if yours looks okay - Yours looks alright from my experience!

I have already had a look at your services on my side just to check everything over and it all looks okay, there's no major issues that I can see. 

Can I ask if you're experiencing an issue on your side which has prompted you to post the graph?

Thanks!

Megan_L

Hi Megan and thanks for your response. As you say there is a steep learning curve and I was posting out of ignorance of how to read these graphs. I posted because of all the yellow spikes and wasn't sure if this was normal. However, I have been reassured by you this is a normal graph and you've done some tests which have come back ok. So I'm happy. The only issues I have are lag and latency with some games but I know this is because of the setup in my house.

Thanks once again.

Steve