cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get consoles online upstairs

sarah_w_07
Joining in

Down stairs is fine for connecting as my ps5 is OK but upstairs seems to struggle with connecting, the xbox one in my room can't connect and the ps4 in the kids room didn't connect at first but according to the virgin media connect app the WiFi is fine upstairs. Even my phone has issues upstairs occasionally but I don't get it, if the app says it's fine then why do I lose connection or in the xboxs case not even get it? 😫 any help would be greatly appreciated 😊

1 REPLY 1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

DIfferent device have different internal WIfi aerials.  Either cable the consoles (always best no matter what) or try one of these to extend the Wifi signal.  Buy TP-Link AC1750 Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender & Booster | Wi-Fi boosters | Argos

You can get the free Wifi Pods from VM on certain contracts, but it's £8pm otherwise, so depending on your circumstances it may be better in the long run to buy your own device to keep, rather than rent from VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks