cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% packet loss spikes

Vanadam91
Joining in
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/134564690e6e20343c04696c56724fcd1a2cc5d9

when playing games I'm receiving "unstable connection or packet loss" notifications. I'm also having instances where I'm being force rubber banded by servers and also where shots aren't registering

Help!

6 REPLIES 6

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Vanadam91, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look at our side and I can see there is a SNR outage in your area will be affecting the whole connection.

This is due to last till 10th October unfortunately. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi i have waited an additional 5 days and the pack loss hasnt changed at all.

im getting incredibly frustrated with virgin as a few months ago i had ping spikes and now i have stable ping but now packet loss in excess of 10% which is having excessive effects on my ability to compete online, exacerbated by the fact i am an esports coach/teacher this is unacceptable and prevents me from being as effective at my job.

can someone please message me to sort this out as this is the second instance ive had in this contract where i am not being provided with a service that is fit for purpose.

My Broadband Ping - V200M OCT 2023 

My Broadband Speed Test

Packet loss is one thing you need someone to look at as for your speed if using windows looks like you or something has set TCP autotuning=disabled

run CMD as admin and run:
netsh interface tcp set global autotuningl=normal
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @Vanadam91, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing packet loss.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R