cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to delete an ntlworld email address

tears01
Joining in

so I originally had an ntlworld email as part of my grandparents virgin media package a long, long time ago and I eventually got locked out and don't use it anymore as a result. But a while back, I managed to get back in and somehow, I seem to be the primary account holder (which I'm not) and it is giving me no option to delete my email so would like to know how I can do that, if possible. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tears01 wrote:

so I originally had an ntlworld email as part of my grandparents virgin media package a long, long time ago and .............somehow, I seem to be the primary account holder (which I'm not)

Can I ask whether your grandparents still have this VM package?

A) If they don't then one of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can easily arrange for that email account to be deleted.

B) However, if your grandparents still have that VM broadband account package presumably you do not pay for their broadband but you just happen to use the primary email account? .If the email account you want deleted is indeed the primary email account, then it's a tricky situation.

The  problem is that the way the VM account system is designed makes it impossible to delete the primary email account of a live broadband account. That's a fundamental limitation of the design.

I would expect that the Forum Team will need to clarify all this with you before they can decided the next step.

Keep an eye out for a reply to your post from a member of the Forum Team

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks