cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting unknown email addresses

BEF
Up to speed

How do I delete a long list of email addresses which I find every time I click on the To: box to type in my email?

They all begin with my email and are followed by a load of random letters and then underneath it reads External Contact. I have tried looking for them in the address book but they are not showing there?

I can show a screen shot if it helps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
Thanks for your help! I have found the offending emails in Collected Addresses almost 4 thousand of them?! dating  back years...

Brarn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BEF 👋🏼

Thank you for posting, welcoming you back onto our community forum 😊

Sorry to see you are unable to delete certain emails ☹.

Are you trying this on a webpage or through an app like outlook?  

Let us know we are here to help. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Arissa, I'm not quite sure what that means. I usually click on my "VM Mail" from my frequently visited icons then click on my email and enter my password then I'm into virgin.mail.com. my email address is @ntlworld.com.

Sorry to be vague...

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It maybe of help to view the screenshot. Consider redacting any personal information from your screenshot and posting it here.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi, pardon my ignorance but how do I add the screenshot for you to view...

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BEF wrote:

Hi, pardon my ignorance but how do I add the screenshot for you to view...

When replying from:

• desktop version of site, select the camera icon from formatting toolbar
  • mobile version of site, select the picture frame icon from formatting toolbar

following on from my email.png

This just one of a list of emails I see - beginning with my personal address in the To: box

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Regrettably the screenshot fragment is of no help.

Are you using Virgin Media Mail (webmail)? This can be determined by confirming the address shown in your browser's location field begins https://mail.virginmedia.com/appsuite

When selecting the To field do you see a similar listing in a pop-up dialogue box:
2024-01-11.jpeg

When searching the address book for External make sure the All Folders option is selected:
2024-01-11-a.jpeg

Hi,
Thanks for your help! I have found the offending emails in Collected Addresses almost 4 thousand of them?! dating  back years...

Brarn