cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWorld email account disappeared

keske
Joining in

Hi there.

I've had an @ntlworld.com email address for the better part of 20 years. Suddenly my Outlook app today started asking for the password, which when re-entered came back as incorrect. Tried logging in via the Virgin webmail but get the same incorrect details error. Tried to reset the password but I get the error "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media."

Tried the Virgin whatsapp help and was told that my email address doesn't exist! They confirmed that my mums ntlworld email, created at the same time under the old household account, is valid and shows on their system. But mine doesn't.

The Whatsapp help gave me instructions on registering the email on the My VirginMedia app, but I immediately get the error "Sorry, you can't use a @ntlworld.com email address, please choose a different email".

Tried searching online for help and saw someone suggest to check if the email has been deleted on https://verifalia.com/validate-email - it does show there as still valid.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello keske.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear your email has stopped working.

From what you have described this sounds like an additional email account created under your Mums main account.

There is a way to resolve this issue though. 

Would you be able to check this link and follow the instructions step by step.

Then let us know how you got on.

We would need to ass security with the named account holder to check this in more depth though.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth. Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't get very far with those linked instructions unfortunately as I can't login to either the webmail or My Virgin Media. The forgotten password option just comes back with "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media.".

Hello keske.

Thanks for replying.

Sorry to hear you are still having issues.

When you try and log in are you using your email or the primary email. In this case it will likely to be your Mums as your email is a secondary email.

Are you able to try with your Mums email address?

Gareth_L

keske
Joining in

Yep, we can get into my mums account on both the email service and the My Virgin Media portal. There is only her account showing as an email though, no sign of mine there.

keske_0-1704974454723.png

Hello Keske.

Thanks for your reply.

We would normally send a private message from here to pass security with the account holder.

However as you have posted it would not be possible to do that with yourself.

It would need your Mum to call and then you can discuss the email fault.

The number you need is 150 from a Virgin Media Landline or 03454541111 from any other phone. 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth. Is it possible for my mum to set up an account here, or do it via email? She's just spent 30 minutes on the phone and had to give up as she has poor hearing and struggled to understand what she was being asked. 

TryingToBeHappy
Dialled in

I had exactly this problem.. called the helpline and was told that the sign in email for your account could no longer be an NTL email... "Why?" I asked... "because NTL emails are all going to expire, and this is the first step". 

Why VM cannot just email all NTL users and say "we are closing NTL on this date xx.yy.zzz - please swap to something else".. I dont know. 

To login and see ntl emails (90% junk), i now have to use my gmail address... its bonkers. 

Hi @keske, thank you for your query.

We're sorry to hear about the problems your mother was having when calling in 😔

Would it be possible for her to contact us via WhatsApp instead? The number on which to do so is +447305 327 112.

Please let us know.

Regards,
Daniel