cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My virginmedia email account

wing
On our wavelength

Yesterday I noticed my outgoing Virgin emails kept getting stuck in my Outlook365 outbox. I thought my IP was blocked. So I contacted Virgin by calling 150 got through to the Manchester Help Desk. I told them what happened suddenly and they said the problem was I didn't changed my mailbox password. So they generated a 5-5-5-4  (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx) all letters password where I changed to in my Outlook365 - File/ Account Settings/ Server Settings/Password. The issue then went away. Anyone else has this issue that he/she has to change his/her mailbox password to one generated generated by Virgin ? Also, can I now change the Virgin generated password to something else ?

Same thing logging My Virgin Media via the web. I have to change my username to non Virgin Media.email address and changed my password to one Virgin gave me but I can change it. 

I wasn't been told or advised that I have to do the aforementioned. I would like to hear from anyone else who had to do this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Detail of these changes and how to manage passwords are covered here, How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help, Post back here if more specific help is needed.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Detail of these changes and how to manage passwords are covered here, How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help, Post back here if more specific help is needed.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

wing
On our wavelength

Now I got the message  "Your Virginmedia 2 account settings are out of date.". Is this relating to my password ? I have 2 passwords - one to log into My Virgin Media on the web and the other under Mail Account Settings in my desktop Outlook 365.

Thanks for reaching out to us @wing.

Are you able to log into the inbox via both our webmail function and the 3rd party client you're using currently?

Thanks,

David_Bn