cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to cancel on of my two email addresses

Daveyk
On our wavelength

I have two email addresses but would like to cancel one of them as I only get spam and threatening emails on it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Daveyk, thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having when trying to delete the e-mail address in question 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @Graham_A 👍

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Daveyk If the email address that you want to delete is a secondary account then you can delete it yourself.

Sign into your primary My Virgin Media account, click on Account Settings then Account details.  Scroll down the page until you see Manage other My Virgin Media accounts, click on this option and then click on Delete next to the secondary account that you want to be rid of.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daveyk
On our wavelength
  • Thank you Graham for your prompt response. I have already tried doing what you have suggested but when I click on manage other My Virgin Accounts I get taken to a page which says that I can have up to 9 accounts and that I currently have additional accounts but there is no option to cancel any of them. All I can do is to add an account but on going to that page there is no option given to cancel an account or even see what accounts I have. This is all very frustrating. Have you any other suggestions please?  

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Daveyk That suggests that the secondary account isn't attached to your current VM broadband account and is therefore classed as 'orphaned'.  

The VM For Team staff should be able to investigate this for you.  They should respond to this thread either later today or tomorrow. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Daveyk, thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having when trying to delete the e-mail address in question 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @Graham_A 👍

Regards,
Daniel