cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not receiving with Outlook - connection error's

DoctorBobP
Tuning in

Been using Outlok for ages with no problems at all, then yesterday it suddenly stopped collecting emails along with the 0x800CCC1A error message.

I can send but not receive mail.

iMap works fine on my phone and Ipad.

I followed other replies and set up the App Password thing but it made no difference, still giving the same error message. Yes the user name and settings are correct, as they have been since forever, yes my phone has the same exact settings that have been since forever (Imap incoming and smtp outgoing)

Yes there is no malware or virus's

Is there any problem with the mail server? Web mail works fine.

Any help appreciated.

Bob.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bazgtr
Tuning in

Having the same issues since yesterday and based in Swansea area.

PC connection through HUB. Internet works and able to view emails directly, but not able to send any from website directly as they get returned to sender error message when I do me to me email from PC.

ERROR MESSAGE

Unable to send or receive messages for the Virginmedia (JOHN DOE) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Solution Update Tuesday 4.28pm.

After 2 hours on phone and reps trying to blame my system then outlook etc., they finally escalated it further. Will take 3-5 working days.

Will update once more news returns.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

33 REPLIES 33

techweb
On our wavelength

Same issue for me this morning also.

DoctorBobP
Tuning in

Web Mail has now stopped working and won't let me log on,

I changed the password and got the reply 'All changed etc' then when you input said change it gives the incorrect password message! Outgoing mail has also stopped working as well now.

No access to web mail and no incoming or outgoing (Outlook) email

<SIGH>

prlgoon
Tuning in

Hi - Same problem with me. Stopped working about 10:30 am on Monday. Been working OK for years. Using Outlook 2010. Did Myapp change password procedure but still not working. Access to webmail via Virginmedia website is OK.

Pete

bazgtr
Tuning in

Having the same issues since yesterday and based in Swansea area.

PC connection through HUB. Internet works and able to view emails directly, but not able to send any from website directly as they get returned to sender error message when I do me to me email from PC.

ERROR MESSAGE

Unable to send or receive messages for the Virginmedia (JOHN DOE) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Solution Update Tuesday 4.28pm.

After 2 hours on phone and reps trying to blame my system then outlook etc., they finally escalated it further. Will take 3-5 working days.

Will update once more news returns.

smithysmoo
Tuning in

Spent hours onto the online chat with the same issue to be told to contact gadget help and then they cut me off. Not very happy with this...I also asked for the pop3 details to check they were correct and was told they don't supply them ask an it guy...Not helpful at all and still not working this morning...

techweb
On our wavelength

There are multiple posts on this forum over the last 24 hours. Hopefully somebody in the Virgin team picks this up.

For those with alternative boot to Linux:- I found webmail works Ok on that

Been having the same problem with outlook 2010 since Monday, in the Bracknell area (RG12), has happened before and fixed itself after a few days, reluctant to change any settings as they have been the same for years, seen other posts recommending changing passwords etc, think that's just a waste of time and could cause more issues, not bothered calling help line haven't got the patience to go through all the resetting modem etc. TV also stopped working for a few hours Monday 15th VM web site said no issues, turned box off for 1/2hr and back on TV started working again.

Hello ChrisK.

Thanks for your post.

We are sorry to hear about the connection issues you had from Monday onwards.

Can we just confirm if everything is okay now?

If not please let me know and I will be happy to help from here.

Saves you having to call as well.

If by any chance you do have any more downtime you can always check our service status page here 

Gareth_L