Faster Virgin Media broadband. Double O2 mobile data. On us. We're better, connected.
Get these exclusive benefits for being with both Virgin Media and O2
- Broadband speed boost: Virgin Media broadband speed boost to the next available level (if you don’t already have the fastest speeds in your area)
- Double data: Double data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your household
- Roam freely: Use your phone in 75 destinations worldwide at no extra cost
- WiFi pods: Black-spot busting WiFi Pods if you find any WiFi blackspots at home
- Tech treats: Up to £150 off an additional connected device, such as a tablet, laptop or smartwatch
Your household needs to have at least one O2 Pay Monthly mobile customer and one Virgin Media broadband customer registered there.
If you're an existing Pay Monthly customer of O2 but you're not with Virgin Media yet, you'll need to get broadband from Virgin Media. Or, if you're already a Virgin Media broadband customer but you're not with O2, you'll then need to get a Pay Monthly sim or mobile with O2.
- If you’re a current O2 only customer, check Virgin Media’s Volt packages here
- If you currently only have a Virgin Media account, then why not send O2 a message on Facebook or Twitter and one of the team will be able to chat through all the options available to you
You can opt in for Volt benefits from the My O2 app. Once you're in the app, go to 'Offers', then 'Supercharge your world with Volt', then tap 'See what you can get. From here, simply fill in the details you're asked for and within 14 days you should have your benefits applied on both your O2 and Virgin Media accounts.
We've gathered together some of our top FAQ's but if you have any other questions, we have more covered in our dedicated FAQ's page.
How do I qualify for Volt benefits?
Your household needs to have at least one O2 Pay Monthly mobile customer and one Virgin Media broadband customer registered to be eligible for supercharged benefits. The O2 account holder can opt in for Volt benefits from the My O2 app
How long do my Volt benefits take to activate?
It can take up 14 days from the date your services are activated for the benefits to be applied for both Virgin Media and O2 services, but we normally see the O2 benefit being applied first. You'll receive an email once the Virgin Media benefits have been applied, and a text message once the O2 benefits have been applied.
You may also need to enrol via O2 if you haven't done so already. You can do so by logging into their O2 account online at www.accounts.o2.co.uk/signin or via the MyO2 app.
Do I get Volt if I’m an Oomph customer?
Volt is available for customers of both VM and O2, and as Oomph comes with Virgin Mobile - not O2 - then you won't be eligible.
What happens if one person pays the Virgin Media bill, and another pays the O2 bill?
From 12 April 2022, we introduced 'premise matching', which meant you now just need to have the same address on both your O2 and Virgin Media broadband accounts to be eligible for supercharged benefits. Previously both the names and addresses on the accounts had to match.
Which customer service team should I contact?
If you want to discuss O2 products, you'll need to speak to customer service team over at O2.
What happens to Volt benefits if I upgrade or change tariff?
When you upgrade or change a tariff on your O2 account, your Volt benefits will drop off temporarily. These benefits will be re-applied within 14 days.
While you're applying for your Volt benefits, we're aware of some very specific circumstances in which you may experience an issue or see an error. We've highlighted these here so you're aware of the solution, or what to do next.
'Your Volt benefits are active', or 'it doesn't look like you can get Volt right now'
From 12 April 2022, we introduced 'premise matching', which meant you now just need to have the same address on both your O2 and Virgin Media broadband accounts to be eligible for supercharged benefits. Previously both the names and addresses on the accounts had to match. If the addresses are slightly mismatched the O2 account holder may have to contact O2 to activate your benefits.
I'm still having issues applying my Volt benefits
O2 and Virgin Media will contact you separately when your Volt benefits have been applied, these will come through at different times and could be on different days. Virgin Media confirmation usually comes after O2 and it can take up to 14 days for the Virgin Media speed boost to be active on your account.
If you're having problems joining O2 or applying your data boost, you can contact O2. If your issue is with joining Virgin Media or applying your broadband speed boost please contact us.
Being a Volt customer comes with a few extra bells and whistles too, as if the faster Virgin Media broadband, and double O2 mobile data wasn't enough...
- Priority - Is our way of saying thanks. It's exclusive to O2 & Virgin Media customers and brings you great offers from high street brands, tickets, and experiences, as well as access to the best in entertainment. You can get Priority Tickets to thousands of gigs and events across the UK, up to 48 hours before general sale. Get the free app for quick and easy access to Priority whenever you like.
- Roam freely - Going on holiday? We cover roaming in our Europe Zone as part of our Tariffs. So your data, minutes, and text allowances will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home. Check out more here.
- Extras - When you take out a new phone, tablet or pay monthly sim only on eligible tariffs and/or devices, you'll get to hand pick an extra for up to 12 months, on us. Whether you’re into TV and movies, music, meditation, books, or audiobooks, or you want to keep in touch with loved ones overseas, you can find an extra that’s perfect for you. More details here.
If you have any questions, you can create a thread on our Volt board that our knowledgeable members or staff will help you with.