cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This 'new' community forum site

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

AARRRGGGGHHHH!

What the flipping heck has happened here???

How the heck do you navigate this car crash??

Previously you could see all the board headers, and peruse the different posts.

Now??? 

Yeuk...😱 

55 REPLIES 55

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

@HughJarsse wrote:

AARRRGGGGHHHH!

What the flipping heck has happened here???

How the heck do you navigate this car crash??

Previously you could see all the board headers, and peruse the different posts.

Now??? 

Yeuk...😱 

So, what are you saying exactly, you're not a fan?😉

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Yep I don't like it either makes my brain hurt🤒

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous
Not applicable

awful does not describe it, i think calls to CS will be increasing as no one will be able to find their way round this place to ask a question and if they do they will never find the answer

its hard to imagine it could be worse

Buffer6
Legend

I agree, the Help forum is laid out in a manner which is now very unhelpful.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a navigation menu at the top of the forum with drop downs for the various boards - picture below (forum desktop)

forum desktopforum desktop

On a mobile device you need to click on the hamburger icon at the top left hand side of the screen - picture below (forum mobile)

forum mobileforum mobile

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Lack of shading to the background of individual posts, within a topic, and, similarly, a lack of shading behind the headings of individual posts means that an individual topic now reads like one impenetrable continuous piece of text.

Same applies to viewing an individual forum. Again, just one massive block of black and white text to look at. Including the first lines of the topic is irrelevant and superfluous and unnecessarily takes up screen space.

Also missing the username of the last person who posted ('last reply') on a particular topic heading meaning simply browsing a forum is much more difficult when you can't decide whether to view an update from a forum user you might want to read or ignore an update from a forum user who you might not want to read!

Including the first lines of text from the former 'sticky posts' at the top of each page (and for each topic) now means you have to scroll down some way (depending on the forum) before you actually reach a new topic heading.

On a positive note, like the banner across the top with the forum headings and the individual forums as a drop down.

SimpleSimon
Superfast

My thoughts on this new version of the forum is - BRING THE OLD VERSION BACK.

I can no longer see which areas have unread posts.  When I do go to an area and sort by Most Recent some of the posts shows as having unread comments but others dont even when they appear in between posts that show as having unread comments.  Very confusing.

And I can't see how to now mark the forum posts as being all read.

I can see myself spending less time here.

@SimpleSimon wrote:

<snip>

I can see myself spending less time here.

Maybe that's the plan! VM can then cut off another channel of communication with its customers by making the forum unusable!!

MrHalfAsleep
Community elder

It takes a bit of getting used to.  Quickest way to threads and replies is to go on view your profile, then click on Replies, then on the thread title.

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π