cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETFLIX ADDED TO MY VIRGIN MEDIA BILL

silverfox50
On our wavelength

Hi

I have added my Netflix subscription to the renewed  contract I have with Virgin Media. I have also cancelled my Netflix account.

To do this I I had to use ad ifferent email addres that I use with Netflix. Whilst it is now set up I still have some issues.

1) How do I access it to change the names of the profiles. I haven't been able to do this on my Virgin Media account and Netflix does not regognise my new email address.

2) How do I watch Netflix on my Phone laptop etc. Any suggestions please. I have tried the TV control and Virgn TV go apps but no joy.     

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you @silverfox50.

If you wanted to use the Netflix account that is attached to your Virgin Media subscription, this should be accessible via the E-Mail address you used to sign up for the services.

You may need to "activate" this via your self-care account's home page.

In regards to accessing Netflix on alternative devices, you'd need to utilise the Netflix application, and log in using the same details as the ones you use on the set top box.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

silverfox50
On our wavelength

Hi

I have added my Netflix subscription to the renewed  contract I have with Virgin Media. I have also cancelled my Netflix account.

To do this I I had to use ad ifferent email addres that I use with Netflix. Whilst it is now set up I still have some issues.

1) How do I access it to change the names of the profiles. I haven't been able to do this on my Virgin Media account and Netflix does not regognise my new email address.

2) How do I watch Netflix on my Phone laptop etc. Any suggestions please. I have tried the TV control and Virgn TV go apps but no joy.     

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you @silverfox50.

If you wanted to use the Netflix account that is attached to your Virgin Media subscription, this should be accessible via the E-Mail address you used to sign up for the services.

You may need to "activate" this via your self-care account's home page.

In regards to accessing Netflix on alternative devices, you'd need to utilise the Netflix application, and log in using the same details as the ones you use on the set top box.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

thanks David that's very helpful.

regards

Keith

You're very welcome silverfox50, have you been able to access Netflix via other devices with the help provided by my colleague?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

silverfox50
On our wavelength

Good afternoon all
I will keep this brief as I have been trying to resolve this issue for 3 months. In Feb I renewed my contract with Virgin and as part of the deal I got Netflix free. I was pleased with is thinking that at the flick of a switch it would be added. 3m later I have only been able to access it on a handful of occasions. I have raised a formal complaint. Twice I have received an email from Netflix saying VM are unable to debit my account. I have claimed  a refund and compensation and to date the have refunded £21 and reduced monthly bill by £10.75 for 6 months. No one ever returns a call they promise to make. Still not resolved-any tips before I go to the Ombudsman

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@silverfox50 wrote:

I have raised a formal complaint...Still not resolved-any tips before I go to the Ombudsman

When did you first raise the complaint? Specifically, was it more than 8 weeks ago? That's the point where you can escalate to ADR without needing a deadlock letter.

The Ombudsman will want to know your intended outcome though - it sounds like the financial side has been resolved of-sorts, and you're just wanting the service side addressed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Silverfox50 👋 thanks for returning to the thread to keep us updated!

Sorry to hear you have continued to have issues with your Netflix account, and that you have raised a complaint as a result of the experience. In order to offer further support we would need to have a look at the account, so we can investigate what has happened. We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly