cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volt and unwanted o2 sim

jono1969
Tuning in

changed my tv/broadband/landline package  yesterday which wasn't what was advised so today changed it again to maxit tv, volt m350 broadband and talk more anytime.

I'd already been sent an o2 SIM card which I wasn't informed would cost me extra on top so don't want to use it. Looking at my account there is no o2 charge listed for the sim so I'm just going to throw it away or put it in the cupboard. As I haven't activated it or installed it in a phone am I right in thinking  there won't be a monthly charge.

can someone advise me as I have had two long winded frustrating days speaking to customer services via WhatsApp and over the phone

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the sim will be charged via O2 - so a bill from VM for the BB and TV and a second bill from O2 - i think it might have changed but the original volt deal had a cost of £25 for the sim - not activating it wont stop them charging you - you need to cancel the volt deal

and from other posts on here whilst it was probably VM who sent you the sim you will have to work through O2 to cancel it

if your next comment is no one told you about the cost of the sim you wont be the first to say that

Tony.
Sacked VIP

but this is ridiculous, I didn't want an o2 sim and was not told it was charged to me by o2, plus I rang customer services at o2 and they couldn't help me as I had no knowledge of the o2 sim number or monthly charge

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@jono1969 wrote:
but this is ridiculous, I didn't want an o2 sim and was not told it was charged to me by o2, plus I rang customer services at o2 and they couldn't help me as I had no knowledge of the o2 sim number or monthly charge

ridiculous - well its VM where the full truth is not stated by sales to get your order

i will add the rider that what i posted in my 1st post is my understanding of the volt package and the charges but you need to check - will flag the thread to VM and get them to confirm things

Tony.
Sacked VIP

thanks, just rang VM customer services who said he will cancel volt package and the o2 sim so I won't be billed for it but then as I was waiting for this to happen the call went dead. Rand back and it was closed.
I've had enough

Hi @jono1969

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of this and I shall PM you now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining us on PM - jono1969

Just to update the thread, this was resolved via myself and the team over the phone 🙂

Please do pop back if you ever need us in the future

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@John_GS wrote:

Thanks for joining us on PM - jono1969

Just to update the thread, this was resolved via myself and the team over the phone 🙂

Please do pop back if you ever need us in the future

Best

well with respect that tells us nothing - how was it resolved - useful info for the future - theres nothing account specific to know what the outcome is/was

Tony.
Sacked VIP