cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new contract includes O2 Sim

MTMaureen
On our wavelength

Hi

please can someone help me? I’ve just negotiated a new package which includes a 5GB o2 SIM card, £25 a month for that plus £87 for the rest. Neither of our iPhones are 5G ready and in any case, we’re quite happy with our current provider.  I’ve just had a bill for the sim but have to register online to pay it.  The website asks for the phone number which I’ve been given but how can I input this when I can’t use it in either of the phones we have. I’m told a confirmation message will be sent to that number but I just need to register as a user with o2 so I can pay the bill.  If there’s a way we could use the sim in one of our phones we would.  I’m totally lost - if I’m coming over as a bit thick (which I’m sure I am) please can someone give me some simple and straightforward information?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MTMaureen
On our wavelength

Hi

please can someone help me? I’ve just negotiated a new package which includes a 5GB o2 SIM card, £25 a month for that plus £87 for the rest. Neither of our iPhones are 5G ready and in any case, we’re quite happy with our current provider.  I’ve just had a bill for the sim but have to register online to pay it.  The website asks for the phone number which I’ve been given but how can I input this when I can’t use it in either of the phones we have. I’m told a confirmation message will be sent to that number but I just need to register as a user with o2 so I can pay the bill.  If there’s a way we could use the sim in one of our phones we would.  I’m totally lost - if I’m coming over as a bit thick (which I’m sure I am) please can someone give me some simple and straightforward information?  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

MTMaureen
On our wavelength

Hi

Cawsie
Up to speed

Phones don't have to be 5g ready. They'll work on 4g too. Sure O2 send out multi sims. Pretty sure the sim should fit into an iphone. Go to youtube and search multi sim.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MTMaureen 

I agree with @Cawsie  - just insert the O2 sim into either of the iphones. 

The phones will work on the O2 4G network instead of the 5G network, plus 5G isn't available everywhere yet and automatically drops to a 4G connection when that's the case..

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

MTMaureen
On our wavelength

Thanks very much for your reply, it’s much appreciated