cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

existing customer deals

neelnns
Tuning in

Is there still a retention and outbound team? 

My contract is going up from 79 to 108. they dont to the ultimate oomph package anymore.

what is a good price for volt?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wildfruit
On our wavelength

i got ultimate volt for £69. 

£44 for the virgin element 

£25 for the o2 element

2x V6
Maxit TV
Sky sports & Movies
Gig 1
Unlimited 02 sim
Talk more anytime

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @neelnns 

Only you can really say what is a good price for Ultimate Volt. Some people may be happy to be offered it for £120 per month, others would consider £100 reasonable.

Yes there is still a retentions team which you can call and speak to, however you can't guarrantee a call from outbound retentions if yuo do palce your cancellation request.

The best route is to call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 (thinking of leaving) but it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

This should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving) however your call may be picked up first by a front line agent. If this happens be firm and say you want transferring to Retentions. 

Retentions are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. They have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents should you wish to negotiate a new deal rather than just cancel. 

Before you do speak to them do a little of homework. See what prices other providers offer, and have those figures handy to use as a negotiating weapon..

Also check out the current VM prices and what's available on the following page <<< Here >>> 

The lower price is the new customer price which you won't qualify for, the higher price is the out of contract price. By negotiating you should get something in between, if you do call then you can have a price point in mind to barter with. 

VM's  actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, if you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  You have a 14 day distance selling window should you change your mind and wish to reject that offer and go back to your original pricing and package. However if you aren't happy with the initial discounted price offered then phone again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

padcontrol
Dialled in

Ultimate Volt is the highest package now.

Anything over £100 tell them to sod off.

Make sure to clarify the exact details of the package. Virgin are fobbing off customers by not giving them their Netflix activation email, and Volt benefits speed boost in particular. If you already have a hub 4 and are on the Gig 1 line then you should be ok with that 

Thx, 

any what the comparable price is to the oomph bundle? I’m currently paying 79 and they are asking for 108

For my ultimate Volt I'm paying 99. I've seen someone who was offered 89. So you should get it lower than 108 definitely.

Hi @neelnns

Welcome to the community. 

I can see that from our systems that you have already called to discuss your package. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks 

Wildfruit
On our wavelength

i got ultimate volt for £69. 

£44 for the virgin element 

£25 for the o2 element

2x V6
Maxit TV
Sky sports & Movies
Gig 1
Unlimited 02 sim
Talk more anytime

You can see from this thread that volt package is being offered for 69.

why is this not available to all customers?

hopefully managed to get it for 69 which is great.....

but what a hassle to go through every time,

@Virgin Media - you are not doing yourselves any favours.....