cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pods

LesHenry
Joining in

Can I order 3 wifi pods as the wifi in parts of my house is very poor with connections falling out constantly?

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LesHenry 

VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage.

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

I hope the following helps. You need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est)

The info below is a copy paste of the steps provided by @John_GS  (Forum Team) in how to order them when using the Connect app.

• Tap Start the scan 
  • Then Start the scan again 
  • While connect to WiFi, Tap I’m ready 
  • Wait 2 mintues for Scan 
  • Scan complete, Tap continue 
  • Tap Add a room, Tap the room you're in 
  • Start the Scan (do this in every room) 
  • Scan complete 
  • Tap Optimise WiFi now if an option 
  • If so, Tap Optimise 
  • Optimisation complete, Tap Rescan room,  Tap Start Scan 
  • Tap Order a WiFi Booster if an option

If that doesn't work you can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one 

Following that if you need additional pods you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media , as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali