cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi pods

a_sadiq
Joining in

How can I claim WiFi pods now my Volt is activated as I have two rooms with little/no signal. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @a_sadiq 

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also call by calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi a_sadiq,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

It's great to hear you're looking at having WiFi Pods although we are sorry to hear your WiFi signal isn't the best. Our new WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods. Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. The pods can only be sent out one at a time too. 

To get the ball rolling on your first pod, we will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

maskabone
Joining in

I'm finally upgraded onto volt gone from m100 to m200 with 10gb data.

Had to my the o2 account in my partners name but can change the bill to me.

I was wondering does anyone know who I contact about getting the WiFi pods with volt do I go through virgin or o2.

Also is my understanding right that with volt I can have 3 pods and don't have to pay the monthly fee.

I've checked the my o2 page but it just shows

Thanks for your interest in Volt

You're seeing this message for one of two reasons:

1. Your Volt benefits are active.

Thanks for taking Volt. We hope you enjoy your supercharged benefits. If you've not got them already, it can take a few days for them to be applied, but we'll send you a message as soon as they're active. Once active you can see your double data and other Volt benefits in My O2.

Will that ever change to see what volt benefits you've got and what you can have was also looking I to what the o2 travel was about with volt.

Good luck with the pods I’ve got three but only one works now tried to get them replaced but can’t get them to understand the problem 

pengaentu
Joining in

Recently received a smart wifi pod. Not sure if anyone has had any other issues with these but for me, I’ve plugged it in & it’s just been blinking lights for nearly 24 hours. The instructions state a simple plug and play & away you go.

Does anyone have any experience with these devices & know what or where I’m going wrong?

Thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @pengaentu 

Have you changed anything on your hub?

The pods only work under certain conditions.

Keep your Hub in Router Mode - Do not put the Hub into Modem Mode, as this disables the Wi-Fi and your Pods are connecting to your Hub via Wi-Fi. Likewise, if you use a third-party router it will not work because the Pods are designed to specifically connect directly with VM's Hubs only.

Do not split the SSID – If the SSID is split then the hub treats the two bands as two different standalone networks (the same as picking up your neighbours Wi-Fi when you search for a network). The Smart Wi-Fi cannot move a device between different networks.

Do not disable either bands – If both bands (2.4GHz and 5Ghz) are not switched on then the software cannot move the device for optimisation, which essentially disables the Smart Wi-Fi.

You should also ensure that Chanel Optimisation is enabled in your hub settings.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali