cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pods Request

luketdouglas
Tuning in

Hello,

I'm having issues with WiFi connectivity in my attic office where I predominantly work. I've tried to connect to my WiFi (located 2 floors down in my living room), but it never stays connected for long and when it does the signal is generally very low/or ok but not for very long. Whenever I try to connect using my phone and the Connect app I very rarely stay connected for long so I struggle to run the speed tests. As a Volt customer I read that I was eligible for pods to help with this issue. Please can you help me? 

Many thanks,

Luke

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Luke,

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also call by calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @luketdouglas 👋,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry you're having some issues with WiFi coverage and have not had any luck with the Connect App to run a scan. 

WiFi Pods will certainly help with any blackspots. 

Have you tried the steps advised in the the post by @newapollo ?

If you still experience problems, let me know and I will be more than happy to raise an order for WiFi Pods for you.

Thank you! 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

The issue I'm having is that I'm struggling to start connected to the WiFi long enough for the Connect app to run a scan.

Please let me know if you can raise an order.

Many thanks,

Luke 

Hi @luketdouglas ,

Thanks so much for coming back to me. 

Sorry there's still some issues. I will be more than happy to assist you further 😃

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my PM.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Ayisha_B,

I have replied to your private message.

Many thanks,

Luke

Ive been waiting months for a wifi pod, like you I was told I was eligible for one but still waiting and still being asked the same stupid questions......"are you the account holder, what's your name, where do you live.....I'll look into this for you, how are you today"

Please for the love of god, just send me a pod !!!!!!!

hope you get sorted soon buddy

As you can appreciate Jamiefors, we take account security very seriously here at Virgin Media to ensure we are keeping all of our customers details secure and only discussing them with the account holder or someone of authority to discuss the account. 

When you have spoken to the team was this here via the forums or on the phones? Web Chat? Messaging? You can also order these if required via the Connect App.

Rob

Hmmmmmm lets read my message again shall we

YES, I have done all that months and months ago and I'm still waiting, guess what, you're asking for ALL the same information AGAIN which I have given you time and time again

Can you not see why people get so cheesed off, I mean its simple tbh

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jamiefors 

VM need to perform the validation process on all tpyes of communication, the same as Sky, BT, British Gas, Eon etc - it's a safeguard for the customers and complusory.

Are you a Volt customer? If so you would receive the pods for free, however if you don't have the Volt package then you would be charged £8 a month for the pod.

Would you be happy if the pods where chargeable and someone else called up and VM added the pod without checking the caller was the actual account holder?

Would you be happy if someone else called up singed you up to a new contract with  VM?  - easily done if there is no validation checking.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali