cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi Pods

Charlotte98
Tuning in

I’ve just upgraded to 1GB volt and have two black spots in our home so trying to order wi fi pods which is so frustrating with the customer services team.

He is trying to sell me a new package with m500, saying he can’t see my new upgrade which I have confirmation e mails for.

It shouldn’t be this difficult!,

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Charlotte98 

Which broadband tier where you previously on and which hub do you currently have?

You need either a hub 4 or a hub 5 to be bale to receive the Gig1 speed.

If you have a hub 2 or hub 3 then either the speed will be increased once you receive and install the new hub, or the order hasn't completed yet.

When signing into https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media  what does your latest contract say?

You should also enter 192.168.01 in a browser window address bar and click on Check router stats. Then click on the Configuratiion tab in the navigation bar at the top of the screen and check the Max Traffic Rate under the Primary Downstream Service Flow tab to confirm your speed tier. 

I'm on M600 and mine shows as 690000278 bps - on a Gig1 tier it show a speed in excess of 1000000000 bps.

If all those conditions are satisfied then you are on an Gig1 package.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To order wifi pods you need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est)

The info below is a copy paste of the steps provided by @John_GS  (Forum Team)

Please can you try the below steps for me on the app as it should help sort this;

• Tap Start the scan 
  • Then Start the scan again 
  • While connect to WiFi, Tap I’m ready 
  • Wait 2 mintues for Scan 
  • Scan complete, Tap continue 
  • Tap Add a room, Tap the room you're in 
  • Start the Scan (do this in every room) 
  • Scan complete 
  • Tap Optimise WiFi now if an option 
  • If so, Tap Optimise 
  • Optimisation complete, Tap Rescan room,  Tap Start Scan 
  • Tap Order a WiFi Booster if an option

You can also call 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you!

we were on M500 and have a hub 3.  I managed to upgrade to Gig 1 on line yesterday, but typical customer services can’t see the order and I’ve had to forward them the confirmation 🤦🏻‍♀️  

When signing in it shows my new contract.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated ☺️

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Charlotte98 wrote:

Thank you!

we were on M500 and have a hub 3.  I managed to upgrade to Gig 1 on line yesterday, but typical customer services can’t see the order and I’ve had to forward them the confirmation 🤦🏻‍♀️  
When signing in it shows my new contract.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated ☺️

Hi again @Charlotte98 

That makes perfect sense. You won't get the Gig1 connection until you receive the new hub. It usually takes 2 or 3 days for any upgrades to be processed fully as they need to be input manually on the systems if they aren't ordered over the phone.

The pods are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month. 

Unless you were on a volt bundle previously I would wait until you receive and install the new hub before ordering the pods - just to make sure you don't get charged for them.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thank you, once again.

I thought we may need a new hub, but only upgraded on line yesterday to a volt package and they’ve given a possible activation date of 1st February so I will wait to see if they send a new hub.

I will the order wi fi pods.