cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Will Additional Services Be Activated?

FlashPan
Fibre optic

Hello,

So quite a seemless transfer so far.  Got my new o2 sim and is activated, just waiting for my number to port over, new SH4 is arriving tomorrow.  As part of the deal I got some extra TV services as well.  When will those activate normally? 

I have received my new contract and all is correct there with the excedption of the wifi pods.  I already have 1, was told I'd get another 3 but no mention of the exisiting or new ones in the contract.  Is that something I should query?

Thanks and cheers

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @FlashPan 

Any extra TV services/channels aren't usually added until any additional equipment (your hub4) has been received and activated.

The maximum number of Wifi pods allowed is three. VM only initially send out one pod.

Any additional pods need ordering separately. You can do this over the phone by calling 0800 064 3836 (you may have to wait fro your hub4 order to complete first) or wait a few days for a member of the forum team to pick up your post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Cheers for the quick response, am more mainly concerned that my initial single pod will be disconnected though.  Am in no rush but can chase up later if need be.  Thanks again

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @FlashPan 

I'm still awaiting delivery of my wifi pod but am thinking if yours is already connected to an older hub then it may need setting up again with the new hub.

The new hub 4 will have a different SSID and wifi and settings password. It might be a good idea chnage the SSid etc on the new hub 4 to the same as you are currently using - then hopefully the wifi pod will connect automatically,  and it will save you having the change the the wifi names/passwords on all your other devices.

The new hub should be pre activated but if you have any problems setting up the new hub then it may need activating - if so call 0800 953 9500 to activate it.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Cheers,

Yes you are correct, my existing pod if fully up and running on the SH3.  The pods need to be part of your account/contract.  So my current contract/bill etc shows I have the service of 1 pod.  My new contract does not say anything about the 1 pod I have already or the others I was to receive.  My main concern right now is when I get my SH4 and upgrade to 1gig the pod is no longer part of my contract/deal and will not connect.

Am alrady prepared of going through the fun time of reseting up my ssids, port forwards etc 🙂