cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted 1gig volt but being given m600

prvir70
Dialled in

Hey All

So I’ve just renewed my m600 contract but when I contacted support via phone I said I wanted I upgrade to 1gig volt. But as there was some rollout issues with the latest hub I’d be on the m600 until it’s available for me. So I’m a bit concerned that I’m going through an 18month contract that says only m600 on it and no mention of 1gig.

it says I’m now paying £90 and then my phone is now moved over to O2 which doesn’t have 5g in my area for £25.So im paying £15 more for the same speed and slower mobile network. 

is this normal procedure. I question this on the phone a few times but don’t see anything on the contract about automatic upgrade to 1gig.

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

padcontrol
Dialled in

Same issue here mate, you aren't alone. I was told I needed a hub 4 before upgrading. I already have a hub 5..... Still on M600.

MattjVideos
Dialled in
had same thing but i was on hub 4 and i kept calling and they where not understanding but i calleded 12 times a month for 2 months and only last week i got the gig 1 so all i can say is just keep calling and u will get one nice one

That's hilarious. Honestly how are they able to get away with this? It's utterly ridiculous.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @prvir70 - thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of this confusion. I have done a system check and cannot see the 1Gig, we don't do package changes via the forums I'm afraid so you'll either need to call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or use our WhatsApp messenger service on 07305327112 and we can assist further 🙂

Hi @padcontrol - thanks also for posting - if you're on a Hub 5, you'll not currently be able to get the 1Gig service. The Hub 5 is currently on a soft launch but hopefully the 1Gig service will be compatible soon. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

can someone call me back please?!, I've tried 3 times over the last few days now spending 30mins each time, can't get through. the WhatsApp just takes me to a bot trying to sell me packages.
what a mess, I've got O2 downgrading me to 3g from 5g and Virgin selling me a 1 gig package and giving me m600 package for the same cost of which I already had, so I am worse off by £15 a month and a worse package.

ok so I finally got through to a foreign team, who after 5mins of nonsense I asked for uk retentions team,  he said that he was uk retentions but they weren't because of the terrible call quality and accent. And I explained that I had been given an m600 on my new contract. They were saying I couldn't have 1gig as it wasn't in my area, even though if I go onto virgins website it says its available in my area. And then he said I can only get 100, 150 or M300 . even though my existing is on m600 for the last few years.
I said if that's the case then I may as well cancel if I'm paying more for a service that isn't available. And then he said ok you will be disconnected in August. I said I'd like to speak to someone in Uk Retention team and he said I cant connect you to them. You will be disconnected in August, I said I don't want to be disconnected just like that I want to negotiate the monthly cost so I'm keeping M600 at the price I was previously. I said cancel the disconnection, and he said ok. Then I put the phone down and 5mins later I get an email sorry your leaving.

So looks like I'm leaving Virgin without even asking. Any recommendations?

jen-dea
On our wavelength

I am nearly in the same boat renewed my 18 month contract, £74 with volt m600 broadband and tv package moved me over to o2 sim 5g

i cannot get 5g in my area. Any how I challenged virgin to upgrade my m600 to the left level 1gb as I’m now an 02 customer they refused for free but could upgrade at additional cost not what it says in all the volt adverts online!!

they cancelled my contract and I should be discounted today..but left with a £25 o2 18 month plan with no 5g coverage ☹️

Hi John_GS.

I was told I'd be sent a Hub4 to activate the Gig1 fibre, I could then send that back to Virgin once done. Still waiting 3 months later.

@prvir70 wrote:

ok so I finally got through to a foreign team, who after 5mins of nonsense I asked for uk retentions team,  he said that he was uk retentions but they weren't because of the terrible call quality and accent. And I explained that I had been given an m600 on my new contract. They were saying I couldn't have 1gig as it wasn't in my area, even though if I go onto virgins website it says its available in my area. And then he said I can only get 100, 150 or M300 . even though my existing is on m600 for the last few years.
I said if that's the case then I may as well cancel if I'm paying more for a service that isn't available. And then he said ok you will be disconnected in August. I said I'd like to speak to someone in Uk Retention team and he said I cant connect you to them. You will be disconnected in August, I said I don't want to be disconnected just like that I want to negotiate the monthly cost so I'm keeping M600 at the price I was previously. I said cancel the disconnection, and he said ok. Then I put the phone down and 5mins later I get an email sorry your leaving.

So looks like I'm leaving Virgin without even asking. Any recommendations?

Call retentions directly on a weekday - you should get throught to the UK team who are usually more than helpful. Just follow the thinking of leaving prompts when you call in (after the "is it your VM services or O2 services" question, press 4 then 4 again).