cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt

Lordlumpus1971
Tuning in

If I upgrade to volt it'll cost me £85 pm with 1gb broadband. Be at present I'm paying over £100 for 200 mb broadband TV and phone. This is ridiculous.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jen-dea
On our wavelength

The only way to get the £85 new customer only deal is to leave and come back at some point  in the future

It works like a 3 tier system so for 2022

Gold = New customer who gets the best package deal and £ price 

Silver = Existing customer for a few years gets the second best package and price 

bronze = Long standing customer for years gets a poor package and perhaps old equipment 

And in the year 2023 the new customer now gets the silver package at the end of the contract as the package price spirals up and you have to negotiate 

so the only way the bronze and silver customers can ever get the latest gold package is to not renew the contract but leave and come back as a new customer to get the best best package at the best price 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lordlumpus1971 

You will need to negotiate the price. £85 is the pricing for a new customer.

The out of contract price is currently £136 for the VM part, and currently £25 per month for the O2 sim

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jen-dea
On our wavelength

The only way to get the £85 new customer only deal is to leave and come back at some point  in the future

It works like a 3 tier system so for 2022

Gold = New customer who gets the best package deal and £ price 

Silver = Existing customer for a few years gets the second best package and price 

bronze = Long standing customer for years gets a poor package and perhaps old equipment 

And in the year 2023 the new customer now gets the silver package at the end of the contract as the package price spirals up and you have to negotiate 

so the only way the bronze and silver customers can ever get the latest gold package is to not renew the contract but leave and come back as a new customer to get the best best package at the best price 

Lordlumpus1971
Tuning in

I've been a customer through all the take overs from the start when they started as cimemartel and never been offered anything decent for bet upgrades. It always seems the new customers get the better packages than those is the loyal customers.

@Lordlumpus1971

This I imagine to be gold package for new customers only, and the only way to get is to leave and come back to VM in the future 

5FE4CFE0-9E41-4BCD-AA6D-8B3B7BC84D24.jpeg

Every time I use the virgin website after logging in I try to look up new deals for account holders and all I get is error messages. This problem need to be sorted.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lordlumpus1971 

You should try clearing browsing data or open an incognito window.

You could also try using a different browser. 

You may also find that when you log into My Virgin Media that you won't see any offers and instead there may be a link to open a chat messenger so you can discuss what's available.

If you see an Ooops error message when looking to upgrade or recontract, irrespective of whichever browser you use it's usually because you  either already have a discount and the systems require an extra bit of manipulation by the agents to set up any new discounts, or because the package is no longer sold and again requires the extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali