cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt

Biggordy1
On our wavelength

I just got installed last week 3rd March. 
a few issues I must admit but we’re nearly there. 
Question. 
my missus has an O2 mobile phone contract already running. We’ve been told that she will get double data through the Volt set up. Will this be automatically applied or do I have to phone O2 or Virgin customer services. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The O2 and VM accounts must be in the same name.  If the account details are different, the VOLT upgrade will not work,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The O2 and VM accounts must be in the same name.  If the account details are different, the VOLT upgrade will not work,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Biggordy1
On our wavelength

Both accounts are in the same name. 
tried to check with O2 and wait for it, apparently we can’t get virgin media at our address. No wonder I take a drink. I’ve never seen so much amateur running of customer services in all my life. 
Should we be outsourcing our customer services to countries that can speak our language but don’t really understand what we are saying. 

I take it you also have VM boardband, this should also be doubled

Yeah I’m getting the double speed broadband. Just don’t know how to set up the double data on O2. 
seems like give me your money here’s your package now if you’re struggling with anything we’ll send you round the houses to get it sorted. 😢

My Virgin speed doubled after a few days. Double data on my o2 contract took 7 days. 

Be patient, it will probably sort itself out. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Biggordy1,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Volt package! I'm here to help. 🙂

Ca you tell me how you signed up for the Volt package? Was this by calling in, or via the MyO2 app?

Have you been in touch with O2 to ensure that your order went through on their side? Has your broadband speed boost been applied?

Please let me know so I can help further. 🙂

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

we signed up for Virgin Broadband, TV and home phone. We were told at the time by salesman that we would get double download speed and double data on Isabels O2 mobile. I called O2 to arrange volt but there was a delay in installation because of ground work issues. However we got installed on 3rd March. We have double download speed 👍when I tried to check on O2 website it says we can’t get Virgin at my address. Strange as I’m watching Virgin TV now. 

You asked for details 9 hours ago. Which I have given you. Why is there no further response.