cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt with virgin mobile on O2?

adecooper
Dialled in

So when my virgin mobile switches over to O2 (if it hasn't already, how would I know?), will I get volt benefits?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@adecooper wrote:

So when my virgin mobile switches over to O2 (if it hasn't already, how would I know?), will I get volt benefits?

There are some FAQs about what happens here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/your-move-to-o2

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Portery
Fibre optic

Yep they do that’s reason why they are doing it to give all vm mobile customers the benefit of the 02

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@adecooper wrote:

There are some FAQs about what happens here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/your-move-to-o2

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for that. Strange retentions didn't mention this when I was renegotiating my contract today and I was asked if I was with O2. 

Hopefully I'll get a better mobile signal at home!

Mobile signals are a postcode lottery. I am at two locations. The one in the suburbs of a big city is fine with all suppliers and I cam get 5G with O2.

But at the other location, which is rural, all suppliers except EE have a very poor signal. But EE rocks there, like 20x to 30x faster than the rest. Annoying thing is when Virgin ditched EE I had to take out another SIM with EE directly to be able to work (Teams calls etc) and stream. We can all afford another £30 on top of our Virgin subscription cant we - not!

When Virgin moved from Vodafone (poor signal in rural area) to O2 (equally poor signal in rural area) I rang O2 up to disucss it. Their CS person was very helpful and honest and admitted they had investment issues in the rural area that one day would be resolved but gave me the option of cancelling the contracty (and I was 4 months into it). They also enabled wifi calling at their end (apparently off by default) which helps as I can piggy back wifi in pubs in teh area.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@adecooper wrote:

Thanks for that. Strange retentions didn't mention this when I was renegotiating my contract today and I was asked if I was with O2. 

Hopefully I'll get a better mobile signal at home!

Your signal when you become an O2 customer will be the same as you now have on Virgin, as VM are using the O2 network 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks