cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt upgrade... then downgrade two days later

marklewis666
Tuning in

Trying a post on here, as I don't seem to be getting anywhere with phoning (just been transferred for the 4th time, and I'm now 15 minutes into complete silence so not sure if it's a transfer with no on-hold music, or I've been put into a pot for "we don't know how to fix this".

I had a Broadband/Landline contract, recently upgraded it to the full volt bundle - TV,Cinema, Netflix, 1Gb Broadband, the works.

TV Service and boxes (one 360, one mini) installed Thursday 30th June. All working fine. Then yesterday... no more TV service. Account now showing I only have broadband, although the contract shows all services.

I've been on the phone for approaching an hour, still no joy - the 4 people I have so far spoken to are very helpful, until they look into it. Then it ends with "I don't know what's happened, I'll need to transfer you to Accounts/Faults/Support and now I'm supposedly being transferred to retentions!

Are there any VM staff on here who can actually help? I just want the TV services added back as per my contract (The first person almost did it, but it would of cost more than the agreed price shown on my contract, hence the first transfer of my call to another team!)

I've only been a customer for a few days, I'm already close to just binning it and going back to Sky - they're more expensive, but I had ZERO problems with them for the last 10 years 🤬

1 REPLY 1

marklewis666
Tuning in

** Update **

Having spent nearly 2 hours on the phone, it turns out because I didn't activate the O2 sim that VM told me I didn't need to activate, the Volt package got cancelled and I was rolled back to just broadband.

As they cut the phone call off AGAIN trying to transfer me to O2 so I could attempt to sort it, I got fed up, and rang sky. Within 10 minutes, I had my old sky package restored and working - so I can watch TV again!

I'm happy with the Broadband as that's been flawless so far, but after this debacle I'll never touch VM for any other services....