cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt upgrade not free

Lucky2319
Joining in

I am with o2 and virgin media for broadband. I called up virgin to see if I am eligible for free upgrade to double internet speed and was informed this is possible. My o2 number was taken and the upgrade was done. 

I later get an email saying  my monthly bill has increased by £20. Spoke to someone who said it looks to be a technical issue and connected me through to another department. After being on hold for about 20 minutes the line was cut. I called back and spoke to someone different who was not familiar with how volt works and wanted me to talk to o2 for my increased virgin bill. Called again to third person who said maybe it is because my virgin package is not eligible for the upgrade (even though i am on monthly contract for 18 months). I have to now go through retention team to cancel the upgrade and put me back on my original contract. I am currently on hold for about 30 minutes now.

Please can someone help just put me back on my original contract.

Furthermore, volt conditions needs to be clearer as no one seems to know what makes you eligible.

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Lucky2319,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you had when upgrading to our Volt package, I can see on the system that you have spoken to the team, since you posted. Have they been able to get this resolved to your satisfaction? I will also pass on your feedback about the Volt conditions to the concerned teams.

Regards,

Steven_L

terrynorth
On our wavelength

I'm having the same issue I'm having a terrible time with them trying to sort it out. I'm on my 5th person now trying to sort it.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @terrynorth

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, I can see you've spoken to the team since your post by looking at the system and it looks as though they've managed to sort it out. Are you able to provide us with an update?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi yes it's been sorted now thankyou.