cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt upgrade activated and applied on o2 but no speed upgrade on virgin

ashpowell
Joining in

Hi, 

So as the title says, volt has been activated on the household members' o2 account on the 9th, but still no update on the virgin media speed upgrade - id applied to activate roughly a week before that.

Tried speaking to the virgin team but they just tried to sell me on paying extra for the speed upgrade instead.

Can the forum team help here, please?

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ashpowell,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're still waiting on your Volt benefits for Virgin Media to be activated. It can take up to 14 days after opting in for these to be activated, so if you opted in on June 9th the we're still within that timeframe and would be until June 23rd.

If you're still waiting on your benefits after this date has passed, let us know and we'll be more than happy to take a closer look and get this sorted out for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Hope you're well.

June 9th was the date that the o2 side got upgraded, it was a week before that when the request was actually submitted.

Thanks

So just to clarify - 14 days have now passed.

Thanks

Hi @ashpowell,

Thank you for getting back to me and clarifying the situation further. I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting on the benefits to be applied despite 14 days passing since you opted in for them.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @ashpowell,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so promptly so that we could investigate and assist you further with this.

As we discussed there, it appears you're getting further support with one of my colleagues via our Twitter contact channel. I'm confident that they'll be able to help you out with your queries and concerns there.

If you need our help in the future, feel free to reach back out to us here on the community forums if you wish.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Still unresolved, no callback as promised yesterday, and it’s a little late today to expect one today either 😑

Been 3 months here mate and I've not been upgraded. Please do explain.

It's frustrating trying to go through different channels and still not resolved:

• First Web chat after being passed to retentions got no response for 7 hours.
  • Second web chat I decided to continue on WhatsApp, which just ends up in a loop with their bot.
  • Then got a prompt reply on Twitter to start a chat with a team member there, who promised a callback Sunday (or failing that, Monday) to put me on the 1Gig plan - No callback.
  • Chased on Twitter to be told they've spoken to the person and "advised he has not had any updates as of yet, hence no call back so far either." - No updates? updates on what? It's just to switch me to the plan I should be on anyway.

Now back to forums for the last try before forwarding it all to the directors' team.

Thank you for the update @ashpowell

Sorry to hear you have had a difficult time trying to resolve your issue. I can see you recently contacted a member of our team via web chat who was able to advise on this. Has the issue been resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs