cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt unlimited

mattwellsy
Tuning in

So recently upgraded my virgin media package so gave vm a call and the ultimate volt package seemed right for me as it said it had a unlimited data 02 sim which I would use as a backup for my internet.

Well I get the sim and fit it into my 4g router. Had to wait for the 02 information which arrived 12 days later. Which tells me its 250gb sim and I was told it was £20 and I  the information its £25 so I was lied to on the phone. I normally use chat so I have a copy of what was said to not happy with being on a 18 month contract which is not what I was sold. Due to the queens jubilee and it causing a delay in the post I cannot cancel due to the 14 days having past. It took me 3 weeks to get my old land line number moved and 2 weeks to get the tv package installed. So now finding out I was lied to about the unlimited data on my 02 sim is kind of sickening.

14 REPLIES 14

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well none of the usage was mentioned when on the phone with vm and I did mention it would be used as a backup internet. So I'm expected to hang up the phone go to o2 read all the terms and then phone vm again? Just be nice if something was mentioned.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

250gb is plenty for short term backup

Yea I guess as it will only be used when VM broadband is down. Using a edge max so automatically changes connection when one is down.

Just be nice to get what you thought you would get. 

When your Volt perks kick in your 250gb will become unlimited which is what happened to me.

Good Morning @mattwellsy, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and I'm sorry to hear of the price discrepancy. 

Can you please advise me if you've been able to advise O2 of the difference in price between £25 and £20 to see if this can be brought down at all?

In relation to the 18 month contract, is this held against the Media account, or the Mobile account?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@matwellsby - my actual bill from O2 shows 250GB + unlimited minutes/text but the front screen of the app refers to unlitied everything (including data).

And as been mentioned Unlimited is subject to fair usage and for most suppliers that is around 600gb per month.

@matwellsby - oh and mine is £25pm on top of the £85 for the Virgin broadband/TV. There seems to be a descrepency there as some on here are saying the £25 is included within their £85.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Archercj,

Sorry to hear about the billing issue with your new Volt bundle.

In order to be able to help you with this, I will send you a PM.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs