cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt speed bump - how long does it last?

Cavallino
Dialled in

As title folks say I’m have 6 months to go on my contract and get bumped up to say 1gb. 
does this mean I lose the benefit after 6 months and have to pay full whack after that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Cavallino 

The speed will remain the same even when the current contract ends and you are automatically moved onto a rolling contract, providing you keep the Volt sim active. 

If you have discounts which are due to end in 6 months time on your current contract then contact VM a month before the price is due to increase and re- negotiate a new deal.

Should you decide to regrade to a  package.with a lower internet speed then you could always ask VM to tweak it and pay extra for the higher speed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Cavallino 

The speed will remain the same even when the current contract ends and you are automatically moved onto a rolling contract, providing you keep the Volt sim active. 

If you have discounts which are due to end in 6 months time on your current contract then contact VM a month before the price is due to increase and re- negotiate a new deal.

Should you decide to regrade to a  package.with a lower internet speed then you could always ask VM to tweak it and pay extra for the higher speed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks @newapollo

I just wonder, come 6 months later, the VM salesperson will say "Ah I see you are on 500mbit and you already got a good price for that before and you should not be really paying that. And the real rate should be... etc etc.... "

Could VM potentially play this game or will they be "fair" and apply similar discounts when I come to renegotiate.

Also (sorry for another question)...

Im currently paying £35/month for M350.
On my VM page it says I can pay another £3-ish and get the M500.
So if I do this.... and then maybe a few weeks later, push the volt button so to speak.

Does this mean Im going to get 1gbit broadband for £38?

(It doesnt sound right to me surely...)

Hi Cavallino,

Thank you for reaching out to us, once you have had an upgrade Via Volt any future changes may cause this to drop of and no longer be a Volt dealt so wouldn't double up the 2nd time, you may be able to discuss a Volt deal with the 1GB connection however this wouldn't be the same price as you currently pay, once your current offer ends our customer relations team will be able to look at available offers at that point.

Regards

Paul.

Thank you, that's understood.

So if I only have a few months left on my discounted package. It doesnt make sense to "Volt" up now does it?

Also I read reports that if you have discounts and "Volt" up, you will lose the discounts? Is this true?

Thanks for getting back to us @Cavallino.

Depending on compatibility, it's entirely possible for existing discounts to be required to be removed, when adding new services or upgrading/downgrading services.  But also, even if the discounts are compatible, they would expire on their original expiry date and not renew for an additional 18 months from when you make new changes.  For a clarity point of view, it would probably be best to make your changes when your existing deal expires.

Regards

Lee_R