cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt rewards

Teeks2022
Joining in

Tried signing up for volt rewards. I have virgin broadband and an O2 mobile contract. Phoned the helpline up twice now. The first time I was told I would be charged £12 a month for the O2 double data. The 2nd call I was told it would be £10. I thought if you had a virgin and O2 accounts the double data and broadband speed boost were at no extra charge. I was told on the 2nd call, that's only for new customers. Is that correct? 

19 REPLIES 19

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That One of Two Reasons comes up for everyone who applies. It is the most confusing thing ever.

Did for me until the benefits were applied.

Using the O2 app you should see your data allowance go up. Then pop over to your Virgin media account to check. They may not change the same time but mine did.

I wouldn't deal with Virgin CS. They haven't a clue what they are doing 

BTW there is now a Volt section on the O2 Forum

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I'll head over to the O2 forum. I think the Virgin CS is just a sales line really, because the only thing they seem concerned with, is to get me to pay more money! Shame really cos I'm very happy with the broadband service compared to what I had before. 

Impossible to sign up for it on O2 anyway because I can't get past the 'one of two reasons' message. Looks like I'm stumped. Can't even get to talk to anyone with any sense at Virgin, and O2 don't want to know either. They really need to stop advertising this service if it's so hard to access it. They only seem interested in getting more money out of me. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you get the stupid "One or Two Reasons" you have applied!

When did you apply? Takes about 14 days.

You can also put your question on the O2 Community Volt forum 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I signed up for it on joining, but was then told I would be charged £12 a month by O2 for the double data. Virgin CS told me this so I cancelled it and dropped down to the M200 speed. But I then spoke to O2 CS who said there would be no charge. But I cancelled the sim anyway because didn't want to phone virgin again because they gave me the wrong info in the first place. Once I knew it was definitely free, I did contact virgin again, but was told, for new customers only. It was definitely cancelled but maybe I have to wait before reapplying. But really, having done one live chat and 2 phone calls to virgin and an O2 call, if Volt was active surely someone would have pointed that out to me. This all stems from Virgin CS telling me there was a charge for Volt. Problem now is, there's no way will I ever ring that so called help line again. I will just have to hope it becomes available to join on my app. Or the O2 app. Thanks for your replies anyway. 

Well, the farce continues. Been informed by O2 my Volt reward is now active. I have my double data! Will have to see if I get my virgin speed boost. So I've had 2 live chats and 2 phone calls with Virgin and one phone call with O2, why couldn't someone have told me I was still signed up for volt? Still not convinced I'll get my speed boost though

Will wait and see now. Just unbelievable. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked? Mine showed up in the My Virgin Media App quite quickly. 

It should also show in your online account 

Yes, just checked again. Still on the M200 speed. I'll give it a week. 

Thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They don't necessarily go up at the same time

You should change to Volt M350

Yes the M350 is what I should be upgraded to for free. Will have to wait and see.