cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt rewards

Teeks2022
Joining in

Tried signing up for volt rewards. I have virgin broadband and an O2 mobile contract. Phoned the helpline up twice now. The first time I was told I would be charged £12 a month for the O2 double data. The 2nd call I was told it would be £10. I thought if you had a virgin and O2 accounts the double data and broadband speed boost were at no extra charge. I was told on the 2nd call, that's only for new customers. Is that correct? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That One of Two Reasons comes up for everyone who applies. It is the most confusing thing ever.

Did for me until the benefits were applied.

Using the O2 app you should see your data allowance go up. Then pop over to your Virgin media account to check. They may not change the same time but mine did.

I wouldn't deal with Virgin CS. They haven't a clue what they are doing 

BTW there is now a Volt section on the O2 Forum

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you have existing Virgin Media cable services and O2 then you should apply for the Volt benefits through My O2.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Phoned O2 and got nowhere. On their website and Virgin website it says if you are a virgin broadband and O2 customer you get a free speed boost and free double data. The virgin helpline agent told me today that's only for new customers, otherwise there's a charge. So either I'm very dumb or the website claims of free upgrade aren't correct. Maybe I'm missing something here?

I only had virgin installed last week. 

Absolutely baffled. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you didn't sign up with a Volt bundle when you got Virgin Media installed then this applies:

https://www.o2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2

Already have Virgin Media and O2 in your household?

Check your eligibility and activate your Volt benefits in My O2, at no extra cost. To be eligible, you need to have broadband from Virgin Media and a Pay Monthly plan from O2, in your household.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Teeks2022 wrote:

Phoned O2 and got nowhere. On their website and Virgin website it says if you are a virgin broadband and O2 customer you get a free speed boost and free double data. The virgin helpline agent told me today that's only for new customers, otherwise there's a charge. So either I'm very dumb or the website claims of free upgrade aren't correct. Maybe I'm missing something here?

I only had virgin installed last week. 

Absolutely baffled. 

Nope. I got myself a really good deal on O2 and applied through the O2 app and got the data and speed boosts

A friend, already on O2, did the same and got the benefits. So not just new customers 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No didn't think it was. They actually said I could have it if I upgraded my speed from M200to M500 which would have been £10 more. Told them no thanks, I wanted the free data and broadband speed boost, which would have moved me to the next speed level M350 package. Which is what the free offer is. Just cut me off at that point. Just cannot get an explanation as yo why. Their help line is a nightmare. Not a good start for me. 

I actually did sign up for the Volt bundle, but then when I came off the phone realised I'd forgot to  ask if there was an extra charge for it. So I phoned the helpline just to make sure it was £31 all in. I was told no, I would have to pay £12 a month to O2 on top, so I said cancel it and move me to the M200 pack so I could stay at £31 a month. 

I was put on the Volt bundle when I first signed up, I should have said

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What does your My O2 say for the Volt benefits option?

It says I can't have it for one of 2 reasons. Either I already have it, I don't, or virgin broadband isn't available in my area, which it obviously is!

When I rang virgin today they said I could have it, if I upgraded to M500 deal from M200, but that would be another £10. So why can't I have the free upgrade to M350. Its just weird, the whole thing. Shocking customer service. Absolutely shocking.