cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt pricing- promise and actual

paulclaudia
Tuning in

I am a Virgin customer and have been for over 20 years. ( through NTL onwards)  I am also an O2 customer so Volt seems an attractive proposition to me.  On a call I was told that we get benefits for the partnership. After a O2 shop visit it was all set up and with a few little hiccups everything now works great.

Now while in the shop they tried to sell us the TV upgrade package. I was quoted 85 plus we would need to add a further 5 if we wanted the HD version of netflix. So 90. I then phoned CS to confirm this. After working out some figs it seems it will save us a little so I thought I'd change.

Now when I contact through webchat I get lots of 'let me get you a great package' etc then get quoted 95 plus 5 for the Netflix upgrade. and 'What do you think of that!' I said pretty poor actually what I have been quoted was less than that . 'Oh well the problem I have ( I have 🙁) is that I am already a Virgin and O2 customer this is for people who aren't loyal customers'

At least he was honest I suppose. 

It would probably save time to add an option to the call menu 

Hello you have reached Virgin media,

Please press 1 if you aren't a customer but want to be one and subsequently treated worse when you are.

Please press 2 if you are a customer and want to be charged higher prices than people who aren't. - this option should then go straight ' I'm thinking of leaving'

Dear god, doesn't anyone value customers any more.

Paul

5 REPLIES 5

VC10
Dialled in

I signed up to Volt last Thursday. I been a VM customer since the Cabletel days!

I was on an oomph package (discounts due to expire in a couple of months) and rang to remove an extra set top box. After 30 mins talking to India the call agent said he couldn't remove the item but would transfer me to someone who could. Guess what? The person who 'could' was a sales agent! Long story short she offered me a Volt package that was £10pm cheaper than my current package. This broke down to £64 for TV, landline & BB. The mobile would be transferred to O2 for £25 pm.

(another) Paul

You should of asked them to put you on the Volt Ultimate Packag

for £85 a month

For that you get two TV360 boxes,

02 Mobile SIM and 1Gpbs Broadband

plus most TV Channels

including Sports and Movies

That is the package they offered for 95 as luckily for me ( not them you understand ...me) I am an existing customer.

You would have thought at least CS could come up with a reason it was more expensive to what I have been already told other than errrrhhhh

drum roll.......

are you ready.......

hope you are sitting down.......

god this is exciting......

another drum roll.......

10 pound more!!!!!!!!!!!! ( crowd goes wild)

me - errrhhh that is 10 pounds more which is last timeI checked 120 pounds more a year than what I have been already been quoted twice.

CS - Is there anything else I can help you with today?

me- errrh yes can I have the Ultimate volt package for the price I have been quoted twice already.

CS - Can you give feedback on my performance today.

Rinse and repeat.

forgot to add I also get superhub 4.0 to replace the exact same superhub 4.0 that I already have.

and new sim cards despite having brand new simcards in the entire households phones from the shop that told me about the 85 offer

and I can have 2 extra set-top boxes which I suppose I can add to the single TV I have in the house. ( I mean the more set-top boxes you have the better 3 virgin boxes would look great under my TV)

CS i think have always been pretty good for Virgin, now it seems the people I have ended up with are 'cut & pasters' incapable of genuinely replying other than cutting large volumes of text with 'the offer' bookended with 'you are going to love this offer'

a bot could do it.

You should of signed up with Virgin

in the 02 Shop, if it is at all possible, 

as they gave you a Price you liked

All you need to try and do is upgrade

your current package to Volt Ultimate

After 18 months, I think you have to Pay £132 a month unless you re-contract

to get a better price

See the Virgin website for more details