cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt o2 price increase after first month??

mjh17474
On our wavelength

So VM suddenly became available, I got a phone call offering me the volt M200 package for £29.99/m for 18 months with free installation. All went great and everything is working fine but I've just looked at my o2 bills and after the first month they've been increased?

I signed up for a service at £29.99/month not £31.39.

mjh17474_0-1653738849732.png

Could anyone explain the price increase?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mjh17474 

You should have been advised :-

O2 sim: Each year your O2 mobile Airtime Plan will be increased by the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation announced in February plus 3.9%. If RPI is negative, we’ll only apply the 3.9%.

You’ll see this increase on your April 2022 O2 bill onwards. Since this increase is provided for within your agreement, you will not be able to leave without paying an early termination fee as a result. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mjh17474 

You should have been advised :-

O2 sim: Each year your O2 mobile Airtime Plan will be increased by the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation announced in February plus 3.9%. If RPI is negative, we’ll only apply the 3.9%.

You’ll see this increase on your April 2022 O2 bill onwards. Since this increase is provided for within your agreement, you will not be able to leave without paying an early termination fee as a result. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only those that signed up after 25th March are exempt from this year's rise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks