cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt not good

PeteSullivan
Joining in

I have fallen foul of Virgin and O2 systems, if you want Volt make sure you upgrade your mobile first or you will find that Virgin will not upgrade since you have no choice but to have an O2 sim, O2 will not upgrade you until you have paid for the Volt package for 6 months. 

Interestingly both companies will upgrade you if you buy yet another airtime contract. The Volt package is a joke.

15 REPLIES 15

Well, I have actually spoken to a person in the CEO"s team, the truth is that it is normal for the wait to be 6 to 9 months. 

I have checked my credit report and can see 4 searches by either Virgin or O2. It amazes me that Virgin Mobile can do a credit check when the phone is not in stock, another for the Volt package dispite renewing a package and 2 by O2 without being told it was done.

I saved myself the grief of the handset by walking into a shop and paying cash for it.

My suggestion to Virgin is fetch your call centres back to the UK

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry about the issues faced PeteSullican,

To clarify, have you cancelled the order with ourselves?

Thanks,

Kain

No, I went into CarPhone warehouse with my debit card and brought an Apple 13 Pro Max. 

Virgin and O2 need to get their acts together and tell customers the truth when first asked. 

As for people replying on this thread either they do not know what they are talking about or they work for one of the two companies and also tell fibs, I can base that remark on an email from the O2 CEO's office who say its 6-9 months without exception. They also suggested a solution but I went a different route.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Screenshot_20220524-191440_My O2.jpg

The upgrade option which includes phones appeared just after my first payment. This is a SIM only account taken out 1st April this year.

And, no, I have nothing to do with either Virgin or O2 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I also got that upgrade message but it is false. Try calling them and ask about it, you will soon be in agreement with me. 

Thanks for getting back to us @PeteSullivan

I am sorry your experience has led to you feeling the way that you do.  As you've expressed dissatisfaction, I would like to help you raise a complaint.  To help me do this, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R