cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt not good

PeteSullivan
Joining in

I have fallen foul of Virgin and O2 systems, if you want Volt make sure you upgrade your mobile first or you will find that Virgin will not upgrade since you have no choice but to have an O2 sim, O2 will not upgrade you until you have paid for the Volt package for 6 months. 

Interestingly both companies will upgrade you if you buy yet another airtime contract. The Volt package is a joke.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I got told 3 months when I rang up.

To be honest the O2 person was quite rude. I explained I had received a SIM through upgrading to Volt and enquired about a phone to go with it. He said I had to wait three months and when I said well whats the point of supplying a SIM when I cant use it he said 'well what do you expect if you take out a SIM only contract'.

When I explained that I had taken ou the O2 contract via upgrading to Virgin Volt and that hadn't been explained to me he wasnt interested.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Unknown67
Up to speed

Are you sure it’s 6 months? I upgraded to a new phone with the O2 sim after 3 months and it doesn't effect any of the Volt benefits..

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The period of time depends on the original credit check for the SIM. Mine was just after the 14 day cool off period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

I had someone from O2 social media team say it depended on the original credit check, problem there is that I never agreed to any credit checks, but I have never failed one, been a Virgin customer for 11 years and never missed or been late with a payment. The fact is I was and suspect many others have or will be given wrong information. I used to be on the Ultimate Oomph package and although a different name the only difference is O2 supplied the sim. I am still within the 14 days so will be cancelling the package and moving the 2 other mobile contracts to Tesco and the TV + broadband to Sky.

OfCom will be getting a complaint and I have messages saying I was wrongly advised.

Hi

Yes I am certain it is 6 months minimum. Seems a bit pointless paying for a 5g sim and not being able to use to its full potential. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think if you look at your credit record it will include a hard search by O2. That goes after 6 months.

Still Virgin are good at promising something another Company can't deliver. Especially when commission is involved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I got told 3 months when I rang up.

To be honest the O2 person was quite rude. I explained I had received a SIM through upgrading to Volt and enquired about a phone to go with it. He said I had to wait three months and when I said well whats the point of supplying a SIM when I cant use it he said 'well what do you expect if you take out a SIM only contract'.

When I explained that I had taken ou the O2 contract via upgrading to Virgin Volt and that hadn't been explained to me he wasnt interested.

So I am not the only one. 

I am really angry at the moment with Virgin. They have just told me, after I queried why I was being charged for Netflix on top of my Volt charge, that I have nullified my Volt agreement that includes netflix standard as I have upgraded to Netflix premium. So I now am paying £15.99 on top. Thing is they have got me over a barrel because I have the choice of their fibre (and I am Gig1) or moving back to 60mbps broadband.

That on top of them moving from EE (where I was getting 60mbps in my rural location) down to sub 10mbps with Vodafone and now O2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi archercj

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community.

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your Netflix pricing. 

I can see you have a separate thread in relation to this matter and my colleague has responded. We will be happy to assist you from there. 

Thank you 

Nat