cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt - no speed upgrade and hub shortage ?

glewis101
Tuning in

I renewed my contract broadband, phone, and mobile. (m600). As well as moved all my family mobiles (3 more) over to O2 to get the benefit of the speed boost up to 1Gig. I have been told by different virgin agents that;

1) i am not entitled to it and have to pay more

2) yes i am entitled to it but we have no hub 4/5's

3) from Twitter (when i complained) - there is no hub 4/5 shortage. Twitter agent told me to post here

Can someone please tell me what the correct situation is and when I will get my speed upgrade ? (to note i made sure both address from O2 and Virgin matched - and O2 applied the volt benefits to new family sims perfectly well and in time)

9 REPLIES 9

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are quite a few posts on here regarding the Hub 4. I think the shortage is genuine as they have been pushing 1Gb like crazy. Seems nobody thought about Volt, but joined up thinking between departments is not a strong point of Virgin.

Yes, you are entitled to a Hub 4 but you will get different answers depending on which agent you get.

Hub 5 does 1Gb but they fail to tell you it is really being trialled, a number of features are not enable and Samsung devices have problems with the Wifi

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi glewis101,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the mixed comments regarding this. Currently we do have a shortage of Hub 4/5's at the moment, once our team do have stock we'll be notified.

Thanks,

Kain

So as you're unable to provide what you're selling, are we not entitled to a discount?  Or do you think it's fair giving new customers hub 4's and gig, whilst making your existing customers wait with 600Mb?

JD

Hi RJMD,

We appreciate your frustration, as this is a free upgrade this will be added as soon as we have the equipment to do so, apologies for the time this has taken and for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi RJMD,

We appreciate your frustration, as this is a free upgrade this will be added as soon as we have the equipment to do so, apologies for the time this has taken and for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

Not sure the regulator will see it in that light, seeing it is being used as an inducement to get people to sign up. It's not offered on an as and when basis.

Trading Standards would be the first port of call.

Might also be worth talking with the Advertising Standards Agency

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Paul,

Not sure what you mean by a "free upgrade", seeing as I'm contracted to give you £105/month for the next 18 months - a total of £1,890.  Maybe I should reduce my monthly payment with an assurance that I'll put it back up again "when I have the money to do so".

If I was a new customer signing up to one of your promotions, I would get a Hub 4 and gig. That is what I want. I've already raised a complaint with trading standards, the ASA does seem like a good idea considering Virgin's laissez-faire attitude towards contract law.

JD

Complaint has now been raised with the ASA, let's hope they hold Virgin to account. I would encourage anyone else in the same situation being taken for an idiot by these cowboys to raise a ticket themselves, here's the link:-

Make a complaint - ASA | CAP

JD

Thank you for coming back to us and we are so sorry that this is frustrating, I can completely understand your feelings. 

By 'free upgrade' my colleague meant the move from 600mbps to 1Gig is not at an extra cost. 

This will be done once the stock availability is better and you will be contacted when we are able to do this. 

I can see you're still advertising a service you can't provide, so surely you are only doing this as a new batch of hub 4s are imminent - is this the case? Perhaps you can enlighten us as to when we'll be getting them and our contacts amended to accurately represent what we signed up for?

I've seriously never dealt with such an inept bunch of crooks in my life.  I can assure you that once City Link get their fibre installed in my street (annoyingly they are round the corner), the conmen that are Virginmedia will become a distant memory. 

JD