cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt m500 query

miketango
Joining in

I've just upgraded to the Volt M500 package but discovered that I wasn't getting anything like the 500Mbs promised.I got onto support in the philipines and eventually on to an engineer who ran diagnostics which reported that the router was getting 130Mbs and that it would take up to 5 days to get it sorted,  this 5 days took me to the end of my 'cooling off period' so I was able to negotiate another 5days extension to that which times out tomorrow. I'm not getting the speed I hoped by WiFi and in one of the bedrooms am getting a whopping 1Mbs which understandably is crap.

Is it right that I am entitled to a pod or two to sort things out free of charge (under the WiFi guarantee thingy), I have searched and nowhere can I find how to get one of these.

Any pointers and confirmation of the buckshee pods would be very welcome.

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

First focus on the service speed to the Hub to see if the upgrade has been applied.

Use the link below, when the test starts click on : Run full test  

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Look at the download speed to the Hub does that reflect M500 speeds ?

Look at the Package does that say 500 x 36  ?  

If the Package is 500 x 36 AND the download speed to the Hub is well below 500 Mb/s restart the Hub and retest.

If the package is not 500 x 36 and is say 132 x 20 (i.e. M125) suspect the upgrade has not been applied.

Hi thanks for the reply. The fix has been made and I’m getting 500mbs wired to my pc but the wireless is rubbish as I’ve explained.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @miketango 

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also call by calling 0800 064 3850 to order your first pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi miketango,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Wireless connection. 

Has the advice from newapollo been able to help?

^Martin

Hi,

Yes, I contacted support and went through the Connect WiFi spot checks and as a result will get me Pod next week I hope.

I understand I only get one initially but I think I'll need two, however not jumping to any conclusions yet. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks to the forum for your help.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @miketango,

Thank you for your update on your thread, please keep us posted on how you get on with your pod.

Zoie