cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt contract cost not same as bill

gsim1
Tuning in

So after weeks of phone calls and negotiation and failed promises to change our Ultimate Ooomph bundle I finally agree a deal on some sort of Volt package. Contract sent and specifies £86.74 a month for 18 months then next day we get sent a bill for £163. Many phone call later they say that is the cost per month and nothing they can do.

Also as others have mentioned at no point in any negotiaions was the O2 SIM mentioned as being extra on top of the monthly cost. I already have an O2 sim and thats included in my current package I don't pay anything direct to O2.

This all feels a bit shady. Anyone else had this issue where they get sold one thing then charged for another?

9 REPLIES 9

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You say you had an O2 SIM as part of your Oomph deal. As far as I am aware these were free Virgin SIM cards. Signing for Volt usually entails taking out an O2 SIM direct with them on a separate contract to your broadband. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes it started off as Virgin SIM card which was included in my bundle. I was then sent a Vodafone SIM briefly and then finally an O2 sim. This was all done without any contract renegotiations they just turned up in the post, I wasn't at any point told the SIM part would be split out from the bill and an extra on top.

My main concern though is how my package was renegotiated on the 8th February at a monthly cost of £86.74 and now I am being charged £163 and I am guessing that does not include the SIM. Numerous phone calls have all ended the same way with us being told that we have to pay the £163. I never agreed to that and every phone call I have to make is beyond frustrating, keep getting passed around and then cut off or we get promised call backs which either never happen or they ring so quick and hang up before you can answer(assuming that tactic is so a call back will be recorded on their side). It is without a doubt the worst customer experience I have ever had. We can't even seem to cancel as they keep passing us to different departments then cuttting us off. There is no way I am paying them £163 so it's gonna get messy.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The SIM cards you were sent would have been Virgin, designed to connect to the Vodafone and then the O2 network, so not Vodafone or O2 themselves.

I'll put an escalation on you post, hopefully a member of staff will get to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @gsim1, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have been having issues with your contract not being as promised by the team. I can certainly understand how this is frustrating.

I'll be happy to take a look at this further for you. I'll send you a PM to confirm some details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Still having issues with billing on this matter. A Forum Team member kindly sorted out the initial problem with an account credit, I figured this months bill would be my last and at a reduced rate due to my service being terminated with less than a months usage. However the bill for this month is saying I still owe money from last months bill becasue I paid £87 not the £163 that it was asking for. I never signed a contract for the £163 amount so that cannot be legally enforcerd , would it be possible for someone on this forum to take a look at what is going on? I was expecting to pay less than £87 this month and then happily walk away from this situation.

Hey gsim1, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear there is still a billing issues.

Please do remember we bill a month in advance so there is more than likely a final bill to pay but normally what would happen is after this has been paid and any equipment sent back to us.

We would then refund any outstanding amounts and send this back via cheque refund within 45 days. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi appreciate the response but my concern is that the bill is still showing that I owe from the previous month, I paid that off with what I was told was the full amount as a credit was applied to the account to cover the rest.  There is no way I am paying £163 as we never signed a contract for that amount. I am worried that this bill will result in virgin will adding a non payment to my credit history when I have in fact paid on time. 

Hi Gsim1. 

Thank you for coming back to our forums.

I will send you a PM now to assist you further.

Watch out for the purple envelope. 

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gsim1.

Thank you joining me on the private chat.

Glad to see we was able to resolve your enquiry for you.

If you need us in the future, know we are one post away.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide