cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt broadband speed boost not forthcoming

Broadbloke
Joining in

Hi all, newby here albeit I've been with VM for years.

Just recently repackaged obtaining an O2 SIM and already w VM for TV, 250mb bband and TV.  We've got double data on the O2 SIM (pay monthly), however I rang customer services and the lady on the phone said I'm not entitled to a broadband speed boost and only get the double data???!?

Please tell me that this is incorrect and we should be getting a broadband speed boost also?  Apologies if this has been done to death, I've tried contacting complaints etc but taking forever to get through.

All the best and thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Definitely incorrect.  

Virgin Customer Services haven't a clue and you just have to keep trying till you find an agent that does.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Definitely incorrect.  

Virgin Customer Services haven't a clue and you just have to keep trying till you find an agent that does.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

For some reason, best known to themselves, although O2 seem to be able to sort the double data out reasonably quickly, VM claim that it can take up to 14 days for them to finally get around to it. 

This in no way, of course, excuses the (as enlli quite rightly states) clueless customer services agent from, well basically lying to you!

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Broadbloke 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues getting your VM Volt benefits. We want to do our best to help. As seen here, you are entitled to both VM and O2 benefits https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-o2-benefits To best help with this, I have sent a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs