cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt billing

helen_b
Joining in

So.. 25 years with virgin media.  I had Oomph package, hub 3 with booster.  All very happy.  My current package ending Nov 22. I have an o2 phone and VM mobile phone.

o2 advised as I have VM and o2 I could activate Volt benefits.  Did that to get double data.  However, what I didn't realise was that it would affect my virgin package.  Next thing I get an message saying new hub 4 on it's way etc and an email to confirm old fibre broadband removed and new Gig1 broadband added with no change to monthly bill. All fine happy with that.

Set up new hub and all ok apart from weak to no signal upstairs front of house.  Spoke to a couple of helpful technicians throughout the day and got told I will need an intelligent booster pod?  Happy with all that too.

Then this morning I get an email to say my bill will increase by £40 per month! I assumed the technician had forgotten to take off the Ooomph package discount? Call Virgin media and they said as I've upgraded my package that will be the new monthly amount!  After half an hour or so eventually got the answer that maybe they've made a mistake and would look at the figures but I would have to pay a fee still for the upgrade? Also I should wait to see what comes out of my account in June and then call back if I'm not happy? Is this correct? I wouldn't have taken up the Volt benefits if I'd know there were charges involved. I was told it was a free benefit for being with both companies.

1 REPLY 1

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @helen_b, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm sorry to hear of the price increase upon the Volt benefits being added to your account.

This shouldn't incur an extra charge, and I'd be happy to look into this for you, to see exactly what's going on.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn