cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt benefits

AshleyHearnden
Tuning in

Hi, 

Both my wife and I have been O2 customers for a long time now and had VM installed when we moved early December. I've been trying to activate the volt benefits since then and regardless of how I do it I get the same error message saying not eligible. I've been to 2 different stores who couldn't fix it, spoken to both O2 and Virgin on the phone and no one knows why. My VM app shows volt as active but I've received no benefits at all. 

Don't suppose anyone knows what the reason might be? Even got told by one store I should "buy a more expensive contract as that would probably fix it", not great customer service I must admit. 

I have a ticket open with the O2 tech team but but neither my wife or I can get it working on our devices which suggests it's virgins end? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @AshleyHearnden 

You say that, "My VM app shows volt as active "

That means you do qualify for up to three wifi pods.

You need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est) .

The app should fine tune your connection and make it stronger in your various rooms and then if you meet the criteria order a pod for you.

(The app needs to show you get download speeds under 20Mbps to be able to order the pod )

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also try calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free because you are on a Volt bundle.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AshleyHearnden 

The O2 sim should be a pay monthly sim and not PAYG.

The address needs to match in both /my-virgin-media  and in My O2 

If they are different, for example if one says Road and the other says Rd then it will fail. If that's the case edit the address in MYO2 so it corresponds with the one in My Virgin Media.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, thanks for helping out. The store did check and everything seems to be the same, although I can't seem to find let alone change my address on virgin media. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @AshleyHearnden 

Thanks for replying.  I mentioned updating/changing your address via O2 because you can't do that via My Virgin Media, and any benefits can't be applied unless they both match.

You should get double data on your O2 sims, however I'm not too sure about being eligible for double speed on the VM broadband.

As far as I know, the broadband speed in the Volt package you took out with VM can't be increased unless you upgrade that package or speed.

I was on the now discontinued Ultimate Oomph package (that included a VM sim and 600MB broadband) When my discounted period on that package finished I switched over to the Ultimate Volt package with the O2 sim, it was a straight swap, but I would have had to pay extra for my speed to be increased to Gig1.

A member of the Foum Team should pick this up for you in a day or two and be able to check/help

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thank you, 

I have just checked and changed my address on O2 and it was correct and still no change. Fingers crossed someone picks it up soon. I don't think it's double VM data now but I think you get a WiFi pod which we could use in the new house. 

Thanks all  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @AshleyHearnden 

You say that, "My VM app shows volt as active "

That means you do qualify for up to three wifi pods.

You need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est) .

The app should fine tune your connection and make it stronger in your various rooms and then if you meet the criteria order a pod for you.

(The app needs to show you get download speeds under 20Mbps to be able to order the pod )

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also try calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free because you are on a Volt bundle.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi @AshleyHearnden 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry for the confusion here. If you log in to your online account 👉 virg.in/myVM then check the bundle you're on, this will confirm if you're already on a Volt Tariff.

Regarding the Pods, please do use the Connect App as per newapollo (thank you as always) as this should help.

Keep us posted how you get on. 

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

akatsushi
Joining in

Apologies if this has been asked already but I'm looking to get the cheapest O2 SIM that qualifies for the volt benefit. Thanks.

Hi @akatsushi 

Welcome to the community forums. 

If you would like to discuss the available O2 SIMs volt deal, you can speak to our customer service team on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or via SMS 0753 305 1809 and WhatsApp on 07305 327 112 our team will be more than happy to discuss this with you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley