cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt benefit confusion

Piccle
Tuning in

Sorry, probably been asked a 1000 times, but...

If my Virgin contract is for 'Volt M600' does that mean that it has already been upgraded or is there a free upgrade available to be claimed?

Virgin tell me it's already been bumped up from 500mbps, but it doesn't say so in my contract docs.

I am an O2 customer also - they doubled my data after I contacted them to claim it post-contract start. I had thought the same would apply to the broadband speed from Virgin. Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Three months into my M100 contract and all I got was this on My Virginmedia App

Screenshot_20220430-165101_My Virgin Media.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it says Volt M600 then you have been upgraded to the next level from the one in your original BB contract which I suspect was M500

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

There is no 'original contract' all I have is the current one?

roy247
Community elder

This is probably related to when Ultimate Oomph was the top package, M500 was originally the top speed and when M600 became available in their area it was a free upgrade for Ultimate Oomph customers.

I've been in contract for less than a month.

If when I bought the package they had said that I was buying M500, but was getting M600 as a benefit I could understand that. However, at no point was M500 mentioned.

The package is quite expensive, so I just want ensure I'm sweating the asset to its fullest.

The speed I get seems to deliver between 300 - 400 Mbps over WiFi depending on the time of day - not terrible, not great, but ok.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wifi is always slower than the actual speed to the hub. It is also location dependant.

When I contracted to Volt my broadband speed went up to the next level, which was M350 to M500.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks Roger.

I'm curious to know whether your contract is for M350 boosted to M500 or is it simply M500 onthe basis that you're essentially getting the faster speed at a discount?

My contract is for M600, which I'm being led to believe has already been boosted from M500 (although it says this nowhere in any documentation)

The broadband speeds are M50 (not sold any more I think), M100, M200, M350, M500, M600 and Gig1. When you go to Volt you get the next level, so anyone on M100 actually gets a doubling of speeds to M200 whilst yours and mine were more modest.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks Roger,

Did you get some form of notification that your speed was being enhanced from your contract rate, or was it deemed to be bumped-up from the get go?