cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt 'active'

BrianWin
Joining in

Hi

I've recently moved onto M600 Volt with the O2 SIM card. I have had the double data applied by O2 and when I log in to My Virgin Media it says may Volt benefits are 'active'. What does this mean? My download speeds are around 630 Mbps.

Also, if I am due a speed boost to 1gb will my Hub 3 cope or should that be upgraded? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BrianWin,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you've recently moved onto a Volt bundle then your benefits would be applied shortly after, with the speeds you were offered being inclusive of the free speed boost. You can find more details on Volt here.

If you were to increase to Gig1 then your router would be upgraded from the Hub 3.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BrianWin,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you've recently moved onto a Volt bundle then your benefits would be applied shortly after, with the speeds you were offered being inclusive of the free speed boost. You can find more details on Volt here.

If you were to increase to Gig1 then your router would be upgraded from the Hub 3.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

Many thanks for your reply. 

So, my broadband is Volt M600 with download speeds around 630 Mbps using the Connect app. 

I thought that as my package is M600 that when volt benefits are applied this would go up to the next level (1gb). My upgrade was performed last Wednesday (1st Feb). 

Are my Virgin volt benefits already applied? 

I'm not complaining about anything I just want to know I'm getting the correct service. 

Cheers 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey BrianWin, thank you for your posts and replies.

We'd love to best advise on this issue, if you were on our 600MB speed tier when you upgraded to Volt then you would get a speed boost to the next tier however this process may take up to 14 days to complete on our end.
Could we please ask if you've activated your Volt benefits on the O2 account online as well since you joined a Volt bundle?
Also, would you be able to check the contract copy you've received following this change to see what's the broadband speed advised on the package you're on?

Please, let us know of the above and we're happy to explain more based on your feedback.
Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri

Many thanks for your update. 

Yes. I activated Volt wit O2 online and my SIM card went from 2gb to 4gb.

My Virgin contract states:

Ultimate Volt Bundle

Virgin TV 360 box
Maxit TV
Netflix Standard
Additional TV Box
Virgin TV 360 Mini box
Kids Pick
Sky Sports and Cinema Collection
Sky Sports HD Pack

Volt M600 Fibre Broadband

Virgin Phone
Telephone Line Rental
Anytime chatter

Cheers 

Thank you @BrianWin 

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you and make sure the benefits have been activated. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.