cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Ultimate and Netflix activation

graham17
Joining in

I'm adding myself to the long list of unhappy Volt users who have turned to the forum in the hope that someone at Virgin will spot the post and help resolve the issues.

I made the switch to Volt mid-Nov on the promise of inclusive Netflix subscription and waited for my then current subscription to reach its renewal date to complete the switch to the inclusive service.  No activation email arrived and, on chasing, I was assured a ticket had been raised and an email would arrive in 7 days.  I set up a fresh Netflix subscription that I pay direct.  

I then followed this up with another call and I was assured a fresh ticket would resolve.

Although no email was received, the web-page appeared to update at some point and the purple activation button appeared.  However, the following error message is all I get.

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 20.54.56.png

As I'm still paying separately for a service that should be included in my subscription, I suggested on my last call that Virgin should reduce my Volt subscription by the equivalent amount.  This fell on deaf ears.

I know I'm part of a wider problem but I've noticed that some users seem to get a response via the forum so it has to be worth a try.

5 REPLIES 5

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

No immediate help I can offer other than to suggest you speak to Citizens Advice if VM aren't delivering what they promised and you're out of pocket.  The whole Virgin Media Netflix fiasco has been running since about April/May of 2022, so that's seven months, with thousands of customers having related problems, and still without the company caring enough to put in a proper fix so that they deliver what they promise. 

You would reasonably conclude that shows exactly how important you and the other Netflicted are to them.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello graham17

Apologies for the Netflix issues experienced since updating your package to Volt, we understand the frustration around this issue and are sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Can you confirm when you last spoke to the team in regards to this and what the team have advised? Do you know if this has been raised with our support team?

Rob

I can't give you a specific date when I last called - I went through the 150 service and it would have been around 11-Dec, possibly the week before.

I was told that a 'ticket would be raised with IT', a direct repeat of the message when I called for the first time.  As such, I was promised a 5-day turnaround and I could expect a message to confirm to the issue had been resolved. 

Hope this helps and look forward to getting this resolved.  If the issue is more long-term in nature, I will accept a commensurate reduction in my Volt subscription. 

bimjim
Joining in

I would just like to add that I'm in the exact same situation with the same problem and no solution.

It's all very frustrating.

Thanks for coming back to us @graham17, and I'm sorry to hear of the frustration this is causing.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn