cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin sim to O2

Dunfie
Joining in

Hello,

I set up a new contract from Oomph bundle to Volt bundle. I received the O2 sim promptly, although I still had one month left on my Oomph bundle. I installed the O2 sim before the end of the contract - after waiting a week for the number to be transferred, I contacted O2 to be advised that my existing number couldn't be transferred. On contacting Virgin, I was advised that the transfer number had expired (30 days) and my existing mobile number was now deactivated. I didn't accept that and the Virgin representative informed me that a temporary Virgin sim would be sent (received within 2 days) and that my existing number would be recovered within 7-10 days - no number recovered within that time, I contacted Virgin after the 10 days to be advised it will be another 5 days - no number recovered within that 5 days. I've contacted Virgin again today, to be advised it will be another 7 days! 

Is this a "kick the can down the road" scenario or can anyone assist to recover my number?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dunfie, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂

I am so sorry to hear you have not had the best time with our customer services, and you are waiting to see what is happening with your number.

I can take a look into this for you and will pop you over a PM and we can go from there, just keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You don't wait for a number transfer! You get the PAC from VM by texting PAC and your date of birth in DDMMYYY format, e.g. PAC 01021960, contact the new provider (O2), provide the PAC and the number transfer goes through the next working day (unless it's after 5pm in which case it's two working days).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thank you - I tried to obtain a PAC in the manner you suggested, and this was when the difficulties arose as I received a reply stating that a PAC wasn’t available. I contacted Virgin they advised that they had provided O2 with a PAC. I then contacted O2 to be advised that problem lay with Virgin and on contacting Virgin my post above then takes place.

You get your PAC by texting, going online or calling your mobile operator. Getting my PAC by texting worked for me, but you were badly advised that VM would pass your PAC to O2. Was it an offshore agent? If so, this is the kind of lie they often tell to get rid of you when they don't know how to deal with a situation.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner I don’t belive the customer can go down those routes as Customer Services have screwed up the account their end (Nothing new there )

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks