cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT speed upgrade

Dav25
Tuning in

I have upgraded my connection to Volt M500 and as I have O2 mobile my double data upgrade has been activated on 14/4.

So far I have heard nothing from Virgin regarding Volt Speed Upgrade. It is now more than 14 days.
I tried to contact VM over the chat but there is no answer so far...

Do I need to do something else to get this upgrade live? I've got Super Hub 3. Do I need SH4 in order to get 1GB connection?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dav25,

So I can get a few more details and go through this with you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dav25 

Yes, I'm afraid you do need the hub4 and there is currently a lack of available hubs due to worldwide chip shortages so the speed upgrade can't be applied.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you Dave.

VM never mentioned that when I was upgrading my previous package. So paying for something I can't get...

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Dav25 

Hopefully a note has been added to your account to apply the speed upgrade once hubs are available again.

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team can pick this up in a day or two and check for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks again Dave.

I've noticed that some of the people who posted on the forum have received Hub 4 recently. So there is a hope...

As you said Dave hopefully a member of the Forum Team can pick this up in a day or two and check for me.

I managed to get Virgin Customer service on the phone and they said my Volt speed booster should be applied within 2 days.

I have asked at least 3 -4 times if my SH3 would be able to provide 1Gb speed and I was assured that it can manage 1Gb speed? Ok... let me see that in couple days. I have a feeling that I will have again to call them and be in the queue for hours. 

Makes me laugh that new customers get a Hub4 though, so obviously they have them - but why bother with your existing customers, just get more suckers in....

JD

Hi @Dav25,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear your Volt benefits have not yet been applied. We can understand the frustration caused.

We are however glad you were able to reach our team who was able to advise on the timescale. Please bear with our team while we work on this for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A 

I am not so confident about that chat with Virgin Customer service, but let's see. If I could wait 4 weeks I can wait another coupe of days.
They were saying SH3 is absolutely fine for 1Gb speed. Reading on here I come to the different conclusion.