cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Ultimate Oomph to Volt - but only 600Mb?

RJMD
Dialled in

Hi,

Re-contracted today from Ultimate Oomph with 600Mb to Volt - as I was previously on 600Mb, I should automatically be upgraded to Gig1 as it is in my area, yet the contract says 600Mb - why is this?  Apparently Virgin have no supply of upgraded hubs (I still have a hub 3), so am I not entitled to a discount until they can supply what they've advertised? Why does the contract not specify Gig1, when it should?  Where do I stand with getting the upgrade once routers are available?

Have to admit, I'm not very impressed that you're charging full whack for a service you can't provide. Think I might have a chat with trading standards. Some kind of idea as to when you'll be able to provide hubs might be good as well - frankly I don't care about chip shortages or any other excuses, if you advertise a service and take payment for it you should be able to provide it.

JD

33 REPLIES 33

Apologies for the delay on the Hub 4 @RJMD. I can see on our systems that this has already been discussed. As soon as Hub 4's are available again, we will be able to move customers that are affected from 600m to the 1gig. We appreciate your patience whilst we try and resolve this as soon as possible.   

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

RJMD
Dialled in

As subject, I have contracted to Ultimate Volt and want the Hub 4 and Gig1 broadband I am paying for, I am done with listening to your excuses. As your complaints procedure is a total joke, and just results in the complaint being closed, who do I complain to in order to make this happen?

JD

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ultimate Volt is not always 1g. What does your contract state? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just clocked that it says M600 so no technical need for a Hub 4. However I take the point that generally you would expect 1 gig on the ultimate package.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Volt/Gig1-but-won-t-give-me-the-router/td-p/5001478

I was told it would be gig when signing up, I'm in a gig area, and all the advertising said gig. I then got contracted to 600Mb with an assurance I would get gig when they had hubs.

In an interesting development, if you now look at the Virgin packages Ultimate Volt is now M350 broadband, whilst a new tier has been created called "Big Volt Bundle plus drama and docs" which gives M500 upgraded to Gig.

So, once again, where the hell is the gig service and hub I was explicitly promised you bunch of crooks?

JD

Just rang Virgin to speak to someone as I'm getting nowhere here; What a waste of time.

First, he reckoned I am not entitled to 1 Gig, despite the initial conversation I had at renewal time and subsequent conversation when I complained and notes on the account. He then advised they had no hub 4s. He then stated that new customers are getting Hub 4's after paying a premium to get gig.

Anyone see a problem with the above? Like how the premium paying customers are somehow getting new hubs that they don't have stock of? I kept trying to make the point that if you can offer a new customer a hub for a premium, there is no reason why existing customers can't get them, but that didn't seem to compute in his mind. In the end I asked to escalate to a manager (I assume Virgin have them), he was quite reticent about this but agreed in the end. After 5 minutes of being on hold, he said the manager was busy and would call me back within an hour. Two hours ago.

Congratulations Virgin, you are now officially worse than Three. So, any chance of a call back to tell me when my new hub and gig service will be set up? Or do I have to go down the legal route?

JD

Our sincerest apologies you've not had the best experience dealing with this @RJMD.

I can see from our systems a a call back was scheduled with a Manager. 

Have you had any contact since you posted?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nope, no response,  pretty much what I expected.  Any idea when I might get a call back?

JD 

Hi RJMD,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry that you haven't had your hub 4. 

I have taken a look on our side and I can see that you have spoken with the team regarding this. 

Have they been able to provide a further update with regards to this? 

^Martin

Hi, 

You are mistaken,  I spoke to someone a while back and have had no further communication. I'm still expecting a manager to call me back from last week but surprise, surprise no call has been forthcoming. 

There's little to discuss, other than to arrange for my hub 4 to be delivered and my account to be upgraded to the gig speed i was entitled to at the point I signed up,  so please make this happen and quit giving me the runaround. 

Cheers

JD