cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from M125 to Volt M600 is still speed as before

Jeff_D
Joining in

I recently accepted an offer to upgrade my Virgin Media package to Volt which included a software upgrade to my V6 box to 360 and a broadband upgrade to Volt M600. It has been a couple of weeks since the engineer called and I have noticed no real speed increase in my broadband when I use the VM speed checker which I have done many times. Otherwise everything else appears to work well.

I have a 1gb network with Cat 6 cabling which gives me the full speed when transferring files from my wired PC ( where I check speed) to my NAS box so my network is not the problem. I have rebooted my Hub 3 but this makes no difference.

My contract says the broadband download speed should be normally 565-652 Mbps with a minimum guaranteed download speed of 315 Mbps. I am getting between 130-140 Mbps. Upload speeds are meeting the maximum of 42Mbps which is fine.

I asked the engineer before he left when the broadband would switch to the faster speed and he said he just needed to set it up when he got back to base.

The automatic online test shows no issues so I wonder if I actually have the upgrade set up at all. There is usually always a reliable and fast connection in my area.

Has anyway had a similar issue and how would I go about resolving it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Hero

Connect to the Hub, don't login go to the the Check router status >>> Configuration screen

Looking at Downstream   Max Traffic Rate if you see 143750047 that is M125.

We always need a Restart of the Hub 3 to pick up a new speed profile.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Hero

Connect to the Hub, don't login go to the the Check router status >>> Configuration screen

Looking at Downstream   Max Traffic Rate if you see 143750047 that is M125.

We always need a Restart of the Hub 3 to pick up a new speed profile.

I did what you said and the status is 234750000. Is this M600?

Not convinced that is the number for Max Traffic Rate.

This is the screen we need to look at, the Max Traffic Rate is highlighted in blue & that is M125.

Client62_0-1675446072671.png

Apologies! I was looking at the wrong figure and not following your instructions correctly.

The max traffic rate downstream is shown as 690000278.

690000278 bits per second or 690Mb/s ... M600 has enough data to drown in.

Have a good weekend.

Thanks for your help. Have a great weekend too.