cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade 02 contract will it change my virgin bills

Richy003
Joining in

If I upgrade my O2 account  to a new handset and sim will that affect the current volt package I am on with the O2 sim I currently have 

9 REPLIES 9

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Richy003 thank for your post here in the Community, hoping you're well.

Your Volt package with Virgin Media will stay the same, as long as you aren't removing the O2 service altogether!

As long as you keep an O2 Pay Monthly SIM, nothing will change even if you upgrade the plan.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you need anymore support.

Many thanks

Tom_W

@Tom_W1 wrote:

Hi @Richy003 thank for your post here in the Community, hoping you're well.

Your Volt package with Virgin Media will stay the same, as long as you aren't removing the O2 service altogether!

As long as you keep an O2 Pay Monthly SIM, nothing will change even if you upgrade the plan.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you need anymore support.

Many thanks

What happens if you downgrade the 02 plan? For instance turning the unlimited sim on the Ultimate Volt bundle to a lower sim card?

I have read elsewhere on the forum that this should be ok and that the Volt benefits will disappear but are reinstated within 14 days of taking out the "lower cost " SIM card.
I moved from Ultimate oomph to Ultimate Volt two weeks ago and have since downgraded the Unlimited Data O2 sim to a 30gb one which I picked up yesterday on Cyber Monday for £8 (half price) - once the Volt benefits are reinstated the data should double to 60gb. My VM package of 1gig speeds are not currently unaffected.
I hope this is what happens but I will keep you posted if not!

PS Here is the link to the forum post - ignore the green answer that comes up!

Sorry if i am hijacking the thread.... i was told if i take out a family plan Sim/monthly phone as a VM customer i get 10% off my o2 sim (i.e the one i get with VOLT Ultimate) AND the new sim/monthly phone tarrif also 10% + double the data?  Is this correct? 

@banhamm wrote:

I have read elsewhere on the forum that this should be ok and that the Volt benefits will disappear but are reinstated within 14 days of taking out the "lower cost " SIM card.
I moved from Ultimate oomph to Ultimate Volt two weeks ago and have since downgraded the Unlimited Data O2 sim to a 30gb one which I picked up yesterday on Cyber Monday for £8 (half price) - once the Volt benefits are reinstated the data should double to 60gb. My VM package of 1gig speeds are not currently unaffected.
I hope this is what happens but I will keep you posted if not!

PS Here is the link to the forum post - ignore the green answer that comes up!

I'd love an official answer from VM just to be on the safe side.

Hi shawty1984, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

Yes that is correct and they will be re-added automatically. This happens within 14 days. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

@Chris_W1 wrote:

Yes that is correct and they will be re-added automatically. This happens within 14 days. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

So I can take out Ultimate Volt with an 18 month contract and then downgrade the O2 sim card penalty free thus making the Ultimate Volt cheaper?

How does this affect the 02 side of the contract? Does it enter into a new contract when you downgrade?

If correct, why not just offer Ultimate Volt with with different 02 contracts?

@shawty1984 wrote:

@Chris_W1 wrote:

Kind regards, Chris. 

So I can take out Ultimate Volt with an 18 month contract and then downgrade the O2 sim card penalty free thus making the Ultimate Volt cheaper?

How does this affect the 02 side of the contract? Does it enter into a new contract when you downgrade?

If correct, why not just offer Ultimate Volt with with different 02 contracts?

Anyone official on here want to confirm the above please.

Hi @shawty1984 thanks for your reply.

Just for confirmation here, it doesn't matter if you downgrade your O2 pay monthly SIM, as long as you still have one your Volt benefits will remain active on both sides! Regarding the contract side of things, it's better to speak to O2 directly about this as it can vary depending on the SIM.
I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Many thanks

Tom_W